Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance is disappearing

Raydude1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all I’m trying to do is work out what my pay as you go balance is being spent on, I top up £10 and I don’t use my phone and then it’s at £2.30! My roaming is always off, I don’t have any bolt ons, then I can get a missed call from somewhere and my balance goes down and down! I’ve tried ringing and speaking to someone at o2 but no help because they keep saying their systems are down their end and so they cannot see what my balance is being spent on! Can anyone help?!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Raydude1 

If you're on the old classic PAYG erroneous usage is usually down to data.

Make sure mobile data is off completely if not using it.

If on a bundle it will use credit to renew the bundle every 30 days.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Raydude1 

If you're on the old classic PAYG erroneous usage is usually down to data.

Make sure mobile data is off completely if not using it.

If on a bundle it will use credit to renew the bundle every 30 days.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Raydude1
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for replying! That’s why I’m so confused because I make sure my roaming is always off and I don’t have any bundles either! 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Raydude1 

Not just roaming but mobile data completely.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

SL123
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've switched off mobile data.  Also restricted those apps which allow me to. And yet every few weeks something seems to override the mobile data off and I get a message telling me my new balance when I haven't used the phone. And when I  check I see that mobile data is back on, and some app I haven't used that day has used it e.g. office or Google playstore, YouTube etc.. Very odd. Very annoying and working out very expensive.  Not sure if this is o2 or Google apps or Samsung. But something is overriding. 

Message 5 of 5