Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An alternative "classic pay as you go" tariff

Georgina36
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

To top up the credit on the phone referred to in my message below , i use the original top up card  ; if i top up £10 i get an extra £1  added. This is an example of a phone that is not used much : basically one text per day and an occasional call in certain circumstances - car breakdown for example ; however the tariff is 15 pence/text to a UK mobile number , 25 pence/text to another country ,  and 35pence/minute for calls to other UK mobile phones or to a UK landline ;  this is the same as basic per minute UK landline to UK landline cost. For this Sony Ericsson phone i will keep this tariff until it is withdrawn and i hav to use a contract / pay monthly. Does anyone else still hav a top up card? If i top up at a cash machine this is straightforward but i do not then get the £1 extra.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Georgina36
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I hav put an O2 service centre number  4445 . Might as well join that other provider and i would send a text to 65075 asking for the O2  PAC  ;   but relative to my entry below , even now the text message wont send! Will have to visit the O2 shop in Doncaster

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Georgina36 

If your phone isn't used much, you may want to look at this https://www.1pmobile.com/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Georgina36
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi thanks for referring me to this !! Will keep it in mind , and yes that is far cheaper ; but two considerations - i would want to keep the number the Sony unit has , and  secondly this very cheap tariff might tempt you to use a mobile phone more ; i rarely hav the mobile phone next to my ear : health considerations. I basically use ethernet cable connected desktop pc's , and landlines to communicate. Often with mobile calls even from a landline i can barely hear what people are saying

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Georgina36 

You are able to keep your number. The choice is yours though. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Georgina36
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I hav put an O2 service centre number  4445 . Might as well join that other provider and i would send a text to 65075 asking for the O2  PAC  ;   but relative to my entry below , even now the text message wont send! Will have to visit the O2 shop in Doncaster

Message 5 of 5