Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address not found when trying to top up

heb1001
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
When I try to top up using the O2 app, it asks for my post code and house number but my debit card is registered to an address with a large number of tenants and my name and address do not show up in the drop down list. There seems to be no way to enter the address manually. This makes it impossible for me to top up using the app. Also, when topping up by phone, I seem to need to enter the card details every time and the top up with a card you have used before option no longer works.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35770 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Others ways to top-up, including buying a voucher in a shop, here @heb1001 : Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

Message 2 of 6

heb1001
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes, there are other ways to top up. From abroad, I managed to top up by phone using the option to enter new card details in full. But this is inconvenient. I’d like to top up using the app but it needs to be fixed to allow me to manually enter the correct card address when it’s not found automatically.
Message 3 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35770 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Suggestions for improving the app could be added to the Guide: My O2 Pay & Go  perhaps?

Have you checked th O2 website view of MyO2 does not permit selection by typing-in? 

Otherwise a call to O2 may be need, their Web-chat is available these days. 

Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions
@heb1001

The post code may have also been removed for other reasons, especially where there are a lot of residents or is used as a mailing address.

There are 3rd Party websites that can also do o2 top ups, such as mobiletopup.co.uk which send you a voucher code by email.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122808 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@heb1001 

Once the card you are using has been registered with O2, you only need to give limited details when using that card to top up again. If it's asking for the whole card details then there is something wrong with the system or the app.

I used to top up regularly when abroad by dialling 4444 and going through the options. I had all three of my UK cards registered for top up and never had an issue..

I suggest you call the PAYG team and explain the problem you are having registering your address.

All numbers to call are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6