Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About calls outgoing and incoming

Amand8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My sons phone has been saying searching at the top for over 3 weeks now. I've heard it's something to do with the carrier. Has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144322 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Amand8 

It's most likely a failed sim card or a failed phone.

Try swapping sim card to a different phone and see if the issues follows the sim.

If so, you need to call O2 for a new one Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

If it's the phone, it will need to be repaired but also check here if there are any local network faults O2 Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144322 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Amand8 

It's most likely a failed sim card or a failed phone.

Try swapping sim card to a different phone and see if the issues follows the sim.

If so, you need to call O2 for a new one Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

If it's the phone, it will need to be repaired but also check here if there are any local network faults O2 Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Amand8
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
OK thank you. I'll try that. I did contact apple it's an iPhone 6 he has. and they said it would cost about £300 to get fixed but I've been told to contact 02 to see if they can help.
Message 3 of 7

Amand8
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It’s not the sim I’ve just tried it in my phone. I’ve tried network checker that’s saying there’s a mass not working as it should in my area but my sons phone has been like this for about 3 weeks surely that should have been fixed by now. I’m guessing the phone itself is broken 😢
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144322 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

He needs to see if it works off a different mast or not @Amand8 

But is the sim works in another phone in the same location, it certainly points towards the phone.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Amand8
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
OK thank for your help 😊
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144322 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7