cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£70 credit unable to be refunded

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear everyone,

My issues are very simple: I would like to make a complaint here, because O2 is unable to refund 69.39 pounds credit to me.

I have been O2 customer for more than 10 years, and now I am working abroad on an 18 months contract, where signals are too bad to be received properly with my phone showing “no connection” on screen from time to time. As I have learnt O2 sim will be disconnected (with credit removed!) after not being used for 180 days, I contacted O2 wanting to receive a refund of full credit back asap.

However customer service told me O2 could not refund me -- they can do nothing but post a cheque to a UK address, which is impossible for me to receive or deposit at all (in a foreign bank obviously). Meanwhile I know most other UK service providers have no problem refunding directly to UK bank which works perfectly here, also surely sending a cheque costs time and money for O2 too!

Therefore I would like to escalate my issues by making a complaint and would truly appreciate your time and help here -- Should you wish to call me at this number for verifications, I would like to remind you that signal is not good, and the charge is 1 pound/min, but I will have to insist a full refund of original 69.39 pounds regardless of your calling time. Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,

Chang

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous This isn't customer services. If you wish to make a complaint then follow this route https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

(Using Resolver in the link provided often gets good results)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous This isn't customer services. If you wish to make a complaint then follow this route https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

(Using Resolver in the link provided often gets good results)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Sorry but no one will call you from here.
Follow the official complaints procedure please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
O2 can refund directly into the account registered to the phone if payment is via direct debit. Or they can make the payment payment into any nominated account in the UK. Follow complaint process or speak to the customer service by phone.
Message 4 of 4