Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£3000 taken from my account by 02

JFer1973
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought a pay as go sim in 2008. I don't think I used the sim and would have asked for my mobile number to transferred over. 

In May 2011 I bought my first iPhone on contract and have been on a contract ever since. However, 

I recently discovered that O2 have been debiting my account monthly for the pay as you go sim I bought in 2008 at a total cost of nearly £3000! 

I have complained to them but they say that because I never cancelled the pay as you go sim they cannot refund me. 

Has anyone had a similar problem and/or any advice?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Oh wow £3000 is a massive amount

Did you never notice two contracts being paid for?

Your only hope is the complaints procedure but I'm not sure they will help

Try calling again but as a complaint has now been made they are unlikely to help you further

I'm afraid this is a harsh lesson to check bank account statements

You need to accept a large amount of responsibility

Message 2 of 3

JFer1973
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's the thing - I regularly check my bank statements and was aware the money was coming out. I thought it was insurance and raised it with O2 when I upgraded in February - they said that they could see the amount coming out but couldn't tell me what it was for. 

That's when I contacted my bank and got a GED reference and info and emailed it to O2. They told me that I hadn't instructed them to cancel it. However, they also told me that the emails they send me re that contract were being sent to an email account I haven't used for over ten years. This is despite my current email being on MyO2. O2 know my current email but have been sending emails about the disputed contract to an outdated email address. Had I been receiving those emails I would have known about the contract and would have cancelled it long ago!

Message 3 of 3