Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£10 Big Bundle payment oddity

uglymass
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can someone clarify this little matter for me please.

My date is from the 28th of each month. Previously I've waited until that date to pay but this month I topped up on the 24th. That must have had an adverse affect as today I received these messages (this is the order in which I received them):

2 of 2: O2: You need to top up today to rollover your unused data, otherwise it will expire. Call 4444 free from your mobile.

1 of 2: O2: Sorry, we've been unable to renew your Big Bundle with data rollover. You need a balance of at least £10 to get your data Big Bundle for this month.

So is this my muck-up, or can I ignore it, or what? I'd prefer not to have to pay another tenner!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @uglymass 

Usually if you top up your bundle early, then that new date becomes your anniversary date,

To make sure, I would give customer services a call Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You tipped up early and it would appear that you have used some credit so that you no longer have enough to buy your bundle. Topping up early does not change your anniversary date.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
* topped
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

uglymass
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Okay thanks. That means I'm now out of communication until I bung in an extra tenner. Obviously I never read the small print, that's if there is anything about this printed anywhere. Why not just big red letters on the packet saying "you must not top up until the due date". A bit cheeky I reckon but I'm trying not to be too miffed as an extra £10 isn't exactly murderous in the mobile world.

Even if I top up earlier, presumably I should pay again on the 28th to restore the bundle to normal?

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@uglymass 

It doesn't actually matter when you top up as long as you have enough credit on your anniversary date to renew your bundle. 
Of course, the earlier you top up, the higher the risk of using the credit, so best to just stick to topping up on your anniversary date unless you need credit for out of bundle charges. 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

uglymass
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks all, it reset itself to a new date of 7th every month when I paid another tenner so back to normal with a new anniversary date.

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That is correct and how it works.....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good news @uglymass  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9