Did you mean: 

02 useful numbers

Doctor_Who
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have just joined o2 (hooray) after leaving the dark side (Vodafone).

My text messages are working fine, but I was just wondering if there is an equivalent to the Vodafone 9770. This enabled text messaging to be tested. If you sent a (free) text to 9770, Vodafone would then

text back if it was working.

Is there a list anywhere of useful o2 numbers and their function?

Thanks in advance...

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Doctor_Who 

With O2, you need to start your text with *0# and you will get a delivery report.

There aren't any other real sectret codes other than for checking your balance http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Doctor_Who 

With O2, you need to start your text with *0# and you will get a delivery report.

There aren't any other real sectret codes other than for checking your balance http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Text MY NUMBER to 2020 and you should get a text back confirming your number.

Message 3 of 5

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hey @Doctor_Who
Welcome to the o2 community forum
Join in with the o2 off topics.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Doctor_Who , welcome to O2 and our community! Are you a fan of Doctor Who? grin

I hope you got all the information you needed there but don't hesitate to ask if you have any additional questions the community could help you with.

Cheers @MI5@jonsie  for your help above!  thumbsup And to add to @TallTrees message about Off Topic - if you'd like to stick around and have a chat at any point, you can find the Off Topic section here. slight_smile

Message 5 of 5