cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is now the third day that I have been shown a bland and somewhat smug statement that the transmitter closest to my house is not working but we are trying our very best to restore it - or some other business-speak along those lines. The consequences for us are that phone messages are uncertain and text does not text. So, does O2 take any responsibility for maintaining the service for which it charges? What are the targets for restoring service to the level one pays for? Advice sought urgently.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are many variables as to when a mast can be be fixed. O2 never give out timescales but once your service is restored you can contact customer service for a goodwill gesture for loss of service but they are not obliged to because it’s in the t&c that service is not guaranteed 100% all the time

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are many variables as to when a mast can be be fixed. O2 never give out timescales but once your service is restored you can contact customer service for a goodwill gesture for loss of service but they are not obliged to because it’s in the t&c that service is not guaranteed 100% all the time
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

At least they are aware of it so I hope you can get coverage back as soon as possible. 

Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You can report it via the My Network app https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

You can also make a complaint...https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain though the mast might be fixed before your complaint is heard. You will probably get a gesture of goodwill, though there is no guarantee of this @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, welcome to our forum!

Sorry to hear about the service in your area 😞 hopefully it will get better soon. Please do take a look at the advice above from our members. Let us know how you get on with this and if you have any further questions the community could help with. slight_smile

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am grateful to those who have offered advice about inadequate coverage - sometimes no coverage, in B20, seemingly because the local mast has failed. I now have a further, bland business-speak note from O2 advising me that they will be in touch again within 'eight days' - or maybe earlier. That is thirteen days during which three people with expensive O2 accounts cannot get proper coverage for calls and for data. Talking to those always courteous O2 staff who 'help' with questions about what - and, more important, when, you realise that they have no more details than those already available to all on the Internet.

So, in the hope that there is someone out there from O2 with engineering knowledge or sufficient managerial authority, I ask - what is wrong with the mast in B20, when will it be fixed, and to where do we apply for significant compensation for three phones denied the services for which we have paid? Three generations - old to young, pay you for a service not a  number of uninformative, pink-backed notes about 'working as hard as you can' which, on the evidence, is arguably entirely untrue. Do you have the staff to maintain your services adequately - seemingly not. 

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2 won't ever tell you what is wrong or when it will be fixed. Customer services don't have that info and the people who know aren't customer facing, so you can't talk to them.
All you can do is call once service is resumed and ask for a goodwill gesture for the time you were without service.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am hugely grateful for those who find time to write, to offer advice, to commiserate with a loss of service that has continued now for a week or more. It should not be necessary to spell out the implications of No Service - the loss of calls and texts, the uncertainty about what has been missed, the concerns of those who try to contact but can't.  We all pay O2 significant sums to lift these uncertainties, to provide a service and to repair that service when it fails. Bland statements about engineers investigating and being in touch again within twenty-four hours - which never happens, just won't cut it. I am also, frankly, surprised at the way in which all this seems sort of normal and kind people with badges for the number of times they contribute to this service seem happy to speak for a multi-million pound company that is failing its customers. Why is it not possible to say what the problem is - someone must know; why is it not possible to give an indication of a time when the fault will be completed - someone must know?

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
None of us are trying to justify it
We are just passing on what we know.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Also @Anonymous we are all customers like yourself so can only speak as customers. We have no more knowledge than you....(just experience of posting on the forum  about network issues)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12