Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT Invoice

nhb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am an O2 personal customer, but as I use my phone for business purposes, I need a VAT invoice to assist with reclaiming expenses.  Based on some previous questions and comments from the O2 Community, I gathered that VAT invoices could be requested by calling 202 and asking for VAT invoices to be enabled.  However, when I called 202 and asked for VAT invoices to be enabled, I was informed that only "paper" VAT invoices could be provided and that I would be charged £1.50 for each "paper".  Is there a way to get downloadable VAT invoices, rather than paying an extra £1.50 a month for a "paper" bill?  

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

We are told it's postal only.

From O2:

We don’t issue a VAT invoice on the device plans every month, the Refresh agreement is a credit agreement and unless it’s a business account we are not obliged to produce monthly VAT invoices. Customer services can complete a form to send out a device plan VAT invoice for a specific month but this needs to be requested by the customer each time they need it and will be sent via post.

A regular VAT invoice can be turned on by calling customer services for the airtime only, once the service is on the account the customer should then get the VAT invoice sent to them via post monthly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

We are told it's postal only.

From O2:

We don’t issue a VAT invoice on the device plans every month, the Refresh agreement is a credit agreement and unless it’s a business account we are not obliged to produce monthly VAT invoices. Customer services can complete a form to send out a device plan VAT invoice for a specific month but this needs to be requested by the customer each time they need it and will be sent via post.

A regular VAT invoice can be turned on by calling customer services for the airtime only, once the service is on the account the customer should then get the VAT invoice sent to them via post monthly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 17

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
They are talking tosh.

Tweet to @O2, state you need VAT invoice turned on in your MyO2, and they will DM you à link to one of the CS team.

Ask for VAT invoice for your Airtime account to be enabled.

It can be done, depends who you get on the other end - and the Social Media team seem better prepared and more knowledgeable...
Message 3 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The info posted by @MI5 was provided by Admin a few weeks ago...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 17

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yup, given to them by O2 as I said.
Some people who previously had vat invoicing enabled may still be able to get them printed online but not if you've never had it before.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m actually inclined to believe what @MI5 has said as what he has posted I saw in another thread a little time ago

Message 6 of 17

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

As @MercedesS is aware, it takes some patience, and can be turned on for the Airtime component of an O2 Refresh tariff very simply. It is not retrospective, but O2 will send out VAT Invoices for previous bills, eventually, at no cost.

Ask for "VAT Invoices to be enabled for Airtime bills", and your next invoice should be as you require.

My story: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/1/message-id/141229/print-single-m...

Screenshot_20180117-204431_01.jpg

Message 7 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

As @MercedesS is aware, it takes a some patience, and can be turned on for the Airtime component of an O2 Refresh tariff very simply. It is not retrospective, but O2 will send out VAT Invoices for previous bills, eventually, at no cost. 

Oh I'm not arguing..Simply pointing out what we were told by Admin. I have never needed Vat invoices so can only go on the experience of others It was @Marjo who informed us on behalf of O2... not Mercedes...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 17

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Yup, given to them by O2 as I said.
Some people who previously had vat invoicing enabled may still be able to get them printed online but not if you've never had it before.

I've quoted myself in case it was missed, which is backed up by your own linked post.

vat.PNG

Currently using:
Message 10 of 17