cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting wedding party within the USA

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

A group of us are heading to the US next month for my wedding and will need to keep in touch with each other when people go off in different directions. 

How does texting work in the US when you are texting UK numbers? Can you still text with data roaming switched off?

Apologies for daft sounding questions but I've never done it before!

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

you can do plain sms with data roaming off but each sms will cost 40p to send but will be free to recieve.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

you can do plain sms with data roaming off but each sms will cost 40p to send but will be free to recieve.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I'd get everyone using a messaging App (so long as all of their phones support it) and use that.

All you then need to do is instruct everyone to connect to WiFi at least once a day so they can pick up any new messages.

You have choices like WhatsApp and Facebook Chat ( both of which we used succesfully in Vegas), and BBM will be released very soon for iOS and Android which will allow for Group Chats.

Message 3 of 3