cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Webmail Problems (again)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here I am back again last year we went through months of o2 webmail not working, error page when you log in to webmail via the o2 web site and error messages from windows live mail saying message store un available - well here we are agian same thing has happened again. I have spoken with  Danny on tech support who says (like many before him last time ) it will be resolved in 5 days. I hold my breath in anticipation 🙂 5 days I can cope with but have doubts it will be a quick fix! In theory it should be as they have now had experiance on dealing with the issue. Any others out there having this issue as well or is it just me this time.

Kev

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just as an aside to all this my wife is also on O2 we read a thread that if you dont use O2 webmail for 3 months its closed down and removed, well just to let O2 know she logged in today after about 3 years of not logging in and her O2 web mail account is still very much alive and working, so real double standards here I think

Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear what your saying Papadug - how ever way back in the day when we went initially on contract with O2 it was sold as part of the package IE you get this that andd the email all for ex £s a month so that to was sold as part of the package - may not be the case now but no one from O2 has updated its customers of said change - I have PMd Chiara with my details fingers and toes crossed 

kev

Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its not double standards, its possibly misinformation at worst to be told that they de-activate after 3 months of non-use.

Recieving an email address surely wasnt the clincher when you chose to take a contract with O2, it was a wee add-on to your contract. You dont pay anything extra if you use the email address and you dont pay less if you dont use it. yes, its a service they should be supporting properly but its still a freee service.

Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

it was not the clincher nor was the number of minutes are the number of texts or the amount of data with the tarriff no one thing on its own sold the package it was the package that sold the deal and the web mail was part of the package kinda like miss selling of pensions and motgages  I guess 🙂

Message 14 of 18

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just as an aside to all this my wife is also on O2 we read a thread that if you dont use O2 webmail for 3 months its closed down and removed,

can you link to that thread please I bet it was live chat that gave that info out

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Webmail Service Message

Customers registering on o2 from April 2010 will no longer be able to create an o2.ie webmail account.

If you are an existing webmail user, as per existing  webmail accounts that have not been used in 90 days are deactivated and removed.

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Webmail Service Message

Customers registering on o2 from April 2010 will no longer be able to create an o2.ie webmail account.

If you are an existing webmail user, as per existing  webmail accounts that have not been used in 90 days are deactivated and removed.

Thats O2.ie which is a separate company from O2-UK slight_smile

Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

ah I see

Message 18 of 18