cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Webmail Problems (again)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here I am back again last year we went through months of o2 webmail not working, error page when you log in to webmail via the o2 web site and error messages from windows live mail saying message store un available - well here we are agian same thing has happened again. I have spoken with  Danny on tech support who says (like many before him last time ) it will be resolved in 5 days. I hold my breath in anticipation 🙂 5 days I can cope with but have doubts it will be a quick fix! In theory it should be as they have now had experiance on dealing with the issue. Any others out there having this issue as well or is it just me this time.

Kev

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still trying to get mine online again, O2 do there very best to make it as ackward as they can to resolve these issues - you need to phones at least 100 times we will keep passing you from one dept to another! no one will actually know who to speak to, and O2 will then blame you for not having anti virus on your PC - wait it was there server that was hacked not my PC it was your server that sent out the spam not my PC - either way 2nd time in a year I have been blocked out of my account Hmmmmmm Oh and the on hold music is DIRE! well it is for a 48 year old 😞

Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you considered just moving away from O2 Webmail and going to Gmail or Hotmail/Outlook?

I know I'd have moved away before now if I was having so many problems accessing my email!

Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

will have to use another service Just had a call from O2 man Derrick and O2 will not re activate the account under T andCs even though it was their server that was sending out the spam and had nothing to do with my Pc or my anti virus! Pfffft 

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

So you're not running AV software on your PC? Can I ask why not?

There are loads of free AV solutions out there, Avast! being the one I would advise and that I use myself.

I guess you accessed O2 Webmail through the broswer only and not in an email client since you are 100% sure it was the O2 server sending the spam emails and not your PC?

(Sorry, I just fully read your last post! Smiley Surprised )

Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have AV on my PC and on my laptop and on my tablet - when my account was spammed 2 weeks past friday I was not at home all PCs were off I was in Dundee and my phone was going mad with all these emails comming in, BTW my phone has AV as well. Now this happened last year and several memebers of the forum had the same issue and it happened at the same time and even O2 last year atmitted that it was a security breach on their servers this is exactly the same issue but this time O2 are hiding behind Ts and Cs most likeley to move evryone eventually off thier servers - their way of booting us off I guess. Not sure why they dont even offer me a new alternitvive email if that one is so corrupt, I hve had it since my first O2 phone 

Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

In that case I would raise a complaint. It might not get you anywhere as the email system is provided free of charge but they cant just stop you getting access to your email account...there could be all sorts of essential documents and emails in there that you need access to!

Do you have anything official (ie in an email) from them as to why they have locked you out your account, or explaining what the problem is?

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about your issues, kcurrie1965. I've sent you a pm, if you could please get back to me I'll see what I can do.

Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just the call from O2 man Derrick there is one of the Admin team from here now having a look, fair enough if they want to close the service and save money, I dont mind! but at least have the decency to inform us so that we can change log in email address etc that I use the account for just now - as it stands now they have removed it so some of my log in details at other site are no good now and any emails sent to my O2 account I cant access - its just very poor service even if it is free? it was given to me when I started paying monthly - in my opinion it was never a free service just part of the added value I get for paying monthly - not sure where they get this "free service" idea from 

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure Chiara will be able to help and get you access again, or at least give you more information.

It is a free service as you dont pay anything for the use of the O2 email address, its not part of your bill.

Message 10 of 18