cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Recycle Is A SCAM!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to send a warning to anyone thinking of using O2 Recycle.

My situation was I saw the O2 Recycle when thinking of upgrading and when I honestly filled out the recylce valuation, it convinced me to get a new iPhone 7. Anyway, they offered me £214 for my iPhone 6 which was in immaculate condition, with no damage at all. Anyway, I send it off to them and then turn around and say we are not offering £214 anymore, its £40 take it or leave it. They claimed there was damage to the screen, which there isnt. I requested the phone sent back to me and eventually, it turned up. There is no damage to the phone at all. They also decided to throw away the original box I sent with it, so no I cant even sell it.

I am considering cancelling my contract with them as this service is a complete and utter scam.

Message 1 of 138
137 REPLIES 137

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
Message 31 of 138

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
£4 for my phone, lol
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 138

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, they will change it to 4p when you send it in!

Message 33 of 138

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Yet another that's been pulled into their little honey trap..

I'd definitely get into social media, I've recently discovered that Twitter is an amazing tool to get big corps to take responsibility for their screw ups!! I guess it'll not always work, but I'd sure as hell give it my best shot.

Really hope you get some sort of recompense, but I think you're right to be sceptical.
Message 34 of 138

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous why dont you  TRY HERE...I have no probs with these people at all and they are not scammers!!!!!

Message 35 of 138

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

In my only experience with o2 recycle I have been lucky as it was an in store upgrade on the yearly upgrade programme .

Walked into the store and got the price I expected and no issues.

I guess this is all down to the way the company Redeem work 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 36 of 138

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah it's Redeem the company who is operating the scheme on behalf of O2. I've only ever had 1 bad experience with them but the rest have been good
Message 37 of 138

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to hear that. You should of tried mazumamobiles. They pay what they quote, no fuss. Try them next time you want cash for a phone/tablet. 😞
Message 38 of 138

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not bad money. Least you can buy a happy meal and coke. grin
Message 39 of 138

Emmalcox
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Exactly the same happened recently with me, said £67 for my phone (which is a lot of money for me) got an emat saying new offer £13.17 wow. They said its got cracked screen etc. Nothing wrong with screen vwhen 1st was sent 

Disgusting scammers 

Message 40 of 138