Did you mean: 

O2 Pocket Hotspot

maryofdungloe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hiya

Do any of you guys know how to reset the O2 Pocket Hotspot back to default settings?  I've forgottem my passcode so went into a O2 store here in Nottingham and they said the passcode is admin. I've tried this and it doesn't work.

Thanks

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Anyway, to reset it to factory settings you hold the power and WPS buttons together for a few seconds.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
What are you trying to do that you need the passcode for?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 22

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Anyway, to reset it to factory settings you hold the power and WPS buttons together for a few seconds.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 22

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @maryofdungloe welcome to our forum! slight_smile Let us know if the above suggestion worked for you or if you're still stuck?

Message 4 of 22

maryofdungloe
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve got a text message on the hotspot device. I think it’s only a reminder of my bill to pay. 

Message 5 of 22

maryofdungloe
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for welcoming me 😀. I went into the O2 Shop a few days ago and a different person reset the hotspot for me. I’ve not had chance to see if the passcode has been reset to admin yet. I’ll do that after the new year. Merry Xhristmas O2 family 😀🍺
Message 6 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122817 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Merry Christmas to you @maryofdungloe. santa

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 22

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
If you didn’t change the passcode, which it sounds like you didn’t, it will still be admin.
Both the username and password are the same by default.
Merry Christmas.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 22

maryofdungloe
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I must of changed it as I tried the admin for username and passcode but it didn’t work. I hope it’s sorted now as I asked the fella in the O2 shop to reset it.
Message 9 of 22

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Holding the power and WPS button will reset it anyway if you need to do it yourself.
Check the label too just in case yours has a different password.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 22