Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Email/Webmail to close?

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I don't know what is going on here and I'm not sure I believe it, but a thread has appeared elsewhere saying that O2 Webmail will be closing at the end of the year according to an O2 Web Chat advisor.

Maybe Chiara could check this out as people using this service may need to make other arrangements. 

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/o2/4259681-o2-to-close-all-webmail-accounts-by-november-2nd-2013.ht...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 1 of 231
230 REPLIES 230

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Chiara

With respect this is the straw that may break the camels back My business contract is due soon. Looks like I may have to jump ship to Vodafone at least they have tech help in the forums and answers peoples qauestions in a timely manner.

Even @o2 on twitter will not confirm or deny.

The fact Is that on wednesday 14th August Livechat told a user of another forum it will close for good ""The O2 Webmail for existing customer is valid till 2nd of November and we're
stopping this services. However the new creation of O2 Webmail has been closed."" linked to in the op.

So The question is it poor live chat advice or truth the the webmail service will stop (close down) i.e. do they realy mean the old service for adsl customers stops (reverts to a 20mb account as per sky swap info) but the free email that anybody could have limited 20mb storage that was not linked to adsl will continue.

Sorry to go on about this but I use my free o2 account for all my o2 dealings this forum o2business community etc so It affects me and I need to act now to remove all traces of o2 email if it is true.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 231

Anonymous
Not applicable

mountain.JPG

Message 12 of 231

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adam

Unfortunately I can only repeat myself, at this stage I still don't have information, therefore I can't comment either way.

Message 13 of 231

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Chiara then looks like vodafone may get our business contarct when renewall is due.

A live chat operator has made a statement either it is true or it is false.

Please pass these comments to the top level.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 14 of 231

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Having read the post linked to in the op the query was about opening a secondary email account which was only available with the broadband packages, and is due to be discontinued with the Sky takeover of that service.

I don't see what benefit O2 would have in shutting down the O2 webmail for phone customers (of any network, as with it's predecessor Genie) which was the only way to get email to your phone before smartphones.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 15 of 231

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

@aldaweb With respect, the original query was about opening up a secondary email acount but the replies suggest that existing Webmail/email users will lose their service on 2nd November.

Come on O2! Let us know what you are doing.

Also, I noted your guys using DM to respond to somebody on Twitter regarding this issue, what have you got to hide?

#siwy
Message 16 of 231

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@browni wrote:

@aldaweb With respect, the original query was about opening up a secondary email acount but the replies suggest that existing Webmail/email users will lose their service on 2nd November.

Exactly my point. The 2 things have been conflated. I don't believe that O2 webmail will be closed in November, it would only alienate users,and surely would need more notice of closure as was given with the Sky deal.

ISTBC of course

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 17 of 231

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Check out the link below for some information.

http://www.o2.co.uk/o2email

If you have any questions that are not included, I'll try my best to answer them

Cheers, Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 19 of 231

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As we suspected!

Thanks for confirming Toby. Don't have much use for it myself but it's sad for others that do. At least people have plenty of notice.

Message 20 of 231