cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name change

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I change my surname on my account?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

All explained here http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(HomePhone...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

See help here @Anonymous

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(HomePhone),T=HomePhone_Case,CASE=23722

but the form that is linked to no longer exists so you need to send a copy of your marriage certificate and a covering letter with your account details on it to the address given in the link.

The changes should be completed within 5 working days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

Glad to see you back!

As they said, to change the name on your account O2 will need to see proof of your name change, such as a marriage certificate or deed poll certificate. Then, you'll need to print and fill out the change of name form

Please, call our customer service team so they can help you!

Thanks @MI5 and @adamtemp64 for the help Cheers

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Form still doesn't exist though @MercedesS - it just goes to a generic help page.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Sorry @MI5, I thought it was fixed already! 

I’ll look into the matter right now and post any updates as we get them. thumbsup

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 6 of 6