cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magnetism & phones

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend, who asked me the question, & I don't know the answer

She has a phone case in neoprene with a magnetic fastener 

Will this type of fastener affect the phone in any way?

Sorry to ask a basic question ... but ... she really likes the case which meant for a camera, I believe

Thank you

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Glory1If I am wrong I will always admit it. What I can't abide, is being made to look idiotic when It isn't my fault. Saying no more now, else I may regret it. upside_down

Oh I think I can read your mind and guess what you'd like to say @Cleoriff. Like you I don't like being made to look a fool through no fault of my own. I was being slightly facetious in my comments above. Changes being made which aren't an improvement and, to make matters worse, of which we are told nothing. Change for change sake is not progress it's a step backwards.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 31 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff ... I hope I havn't contributed to your being upset ... I apologise if I have slight_frown

I asked the question avout Accepted Solution in all good faith ... & ... genuinely thought it was me being a bit dim as I've said 'Ican't see the wood for the trees' sometimes

Message 32 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Nothing to do with you at all @Anonymous. I have checked with Admin and it was a change made early last year. My only issue was that some of us weren't informed at the time of the change.  @Martin-O2 has explained it now so I will know in future 😮 So in a way you did many of us a favour x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Nothing to do with you at all @Anonymous. I have checked with Admin and it was a change made early last year. My only issue was that some of us weren't informed at the time of the change.  @Martin-O2 has explained it now so I will know in future 😮 So in a way you did many of us a favour x

Bless you @Cleoriff Cat ... I don't like upsetting anyone ... & ... you've put my mind at rest, thank you ... & as you say, now we all know 

Message 34 of 42

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35787 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions
Bleh. That's another topic I've had to read through from scratch again - what was wrong with it on whatever board it was originally? >sigh<
Message 35 of 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27629 Solutions
Mardi ****.
I guess you’ve never posted in the wrong section?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@pgn wrote:
Bleh. That's another topic I've had to read through from scratch again - what was wrong with it on whatever board it was originally? >sigh<

It was in Discussions and Feedback and @Anonymous wanted to give a solution for the correct answer. Therefore it had to be moved @pgn

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 42

pgn
  • 35787 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions
Many times, @MI5, many, many times tongue_winking
Message 38 of 42

pgn
  • 35787 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

It was in Discussions and Feedback and @Anonymous wanted to give a solution for the correct answer. Therefore it had to be moved @pgn

Thanks, @Cleoriff - didn't mean to knock anyone, just that eery sense of deja-vu can be soooo unnerving weary

And it was an interesting discussion, so yes, @Anonymous - it deserved to have a "Solution" selected.

Now I've go to go eat humble pie with @MI5, Mardi gras? yahoo

Message 39 of 42

jonsie
  • 93183 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Thanks, @Cleoriff - didn't mean to knock anyone, just that eery sense of deja-vu can be soooo unnerving weary

And it was an interesting discussion, so yes, @Anonymous - it deserved to have a "Solution" selected.

Now I've go to go eat humble pie with @MI5, Mardi gras? yahoo

Sometimes you just have to eat it up and swallow.....

Message 40 of 42