cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magnetism & phones

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend, who asked me the question, & I don't know the answer

She has a phone case in neoprene with a magnetic fastener 

Will this type of fastener affect the phone in any way?

Sorry to ask a basic question ... but ... she really likes the case which meant for a camera, I believe

Thank you

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

A bit late here but just caught up with the topic. slight_smile Interesting as I have recently been wondering the same about those magnetic mobile holders for cars which seem pretty cool. It's just a small round magnetic slab where the phone attaches instead of a bulky plastic holder.. thumbsup

Message 21 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
It won't have any adverse effect on the phone, no.

How do I mark this post by @MI5 as 'Accepted Solution' please?

I've looked in the obvious places & done a search

Thank you

Message 22 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@AnonymousYou just go to this post here (posted by @MI5) https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-feedback/Magnetism-amp-phones/m-p/1100988/highlight/true#M97875

Click on the OPTION thread of that post (top right hand corner) and mark as Accepted Solution

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Or it may not be an option in this section if the forum as it’s not really the place to ask for help.
If you pm one of the admin team they will move it though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@AnonymousYou just go to this post here (posted by @MI5) https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-feedback/Magnetism-amp-phones/m-p/1100988/highlight/true#M97875

Click on the OPTION thread of that post (top right hand corner) and mark as Accepted Solution

Thank you @Cleoriff ... it isn't there as far as I can see 

@MI5 has suggested, as the Discussions & Feedback board isn't the place to ask for help, it may well not be there & it's not me that needs to go to Specsavers after all wink 

@Marjo will you please move this thread to the appropriate place please? ... & ... would you, or anyone else on the community, please let me know where to post when I have a general tech question please ... I was once, a long time ago, op on a thread called 'Tech General' probably in Discussions & Feedback

Thank you

Message 25 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

So solutions can't be given in the Discussions and Feedback thread now?

New one on me!!. I expect it is one of the 'new improved changes' I never got a memo about.

Ridiculous. Evil

How to make someone look an idiot in one easy lesson....

Edited to add: I say this as someone who has posted in this section before and been able to mark a problem solved!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

So solutions can't be given in the Discussions and Feedback thread now?

New one on me!!. I expect it is one of the 'new improved changes' I never got a memo about.

Ridiculous. Evil

How to make someone look an idiot in one easy lesson....

Edited to add: I say this as someone who has posted in this section before and been able to mark a problem solved!

Interesting what you say @Cleoriff

I thought it was me ie not being able to see the wood for the trees so-to-speak

I post in Discussions & Feedback so I can give kudos to people who help me 

& 'going with the accepted way of things' re: procedure, just wanted to mark as solution 

Message 27 of 42

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
When progress is not necessarily a good thing @Cleoriff! No doubt we're going to see more useful (?) changes as the weeks go on - oh joy 🤔😯
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 28 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Glory1If I am wrong I will always admit it. What I can't abide, is being made to look idiotic when It isn't my fault. Saying no more now, else I may regret it. upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 42

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Glory1If I am wrong I will always admit it. What I can't abide, is being made to look idiotic when It isn't my fault. Saying no more now, else I may regret it. upside_down

Good idea 😉

Message 30 of 42