cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing transmitter taking too long

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is it taking such a long time to fix the transmitter problem in my area. It has been ongoing for over a month now, without a realistic timescale for a resolution. I'm actually a Tesco mobile customer and just keep getting apologies, without any help or information about the problem. I wonder what sort of problem could possibly take this long to fix. I would imagine the cell tower could be demolished and rebuilt in a shorter time. For anyone interested my postcode is PE7 3YT.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions
Over to @MI5 who can determine who owns the mast... If not O2, then an interminable wait follows, get your Resolver.co.uk account created...
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Which is your nearest mast, London Road or Broadway?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could be either mast, when I put my postcode into the fault checker on the website, it says there is a fault in my area. What's annoying is this has been going on since before Christmas, and they just say they are working on fixing it. What are they waiting for? the parts to arrive by boat from China. Had enough now and canceled my contract with Tesco to switch providers. 

Message 4 of 4