cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake O2 Number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lately there has been a number that has called multiple people, basically daily: '03303035324'. This number has been claiming to be O2 with offering discounts for loyalty or claiming the person has won something. But to continue, the caller says to go through a few questions first for data protection, which many know is shady especially since they are the one who called. It would be best to quickly block this call or ignore it, I hope this helps others to know what is happening, since some might not think twice and will answer those questions which will only cause them major problems in the future. Hopefully this stops soon, if you want to know more about it then just search the number on Google and it will usually take you to pages that tell you about this number and other's who comment about their own experiences with it.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello guys

This number 03303035324 is from the O2 Sales Team. However, this is done through a 3rd party, but on behalf of O2 so it is not a reseller. 

I hope it helps! thumbsup

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 21 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
So who is the 3rd party?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MercedesS wrote:

Hello guys

This number 03303035324 is from the O2 Sales Team. However, this is done through a 3rd party, but on behalf of O2 so it is not a reseller. 

I hope it helps! thumbsup

What 3rd party @MercedesS? Also what contracts do they offer?. If it's Arial then we know from experience they generally put personal use customers on business contracts. As you see by the comments in my link they are considered nuisance calls by most who have reported them.

My advice would remain the same though. I would never take out a contract from a cold call.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 32

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
A quick google of the number returns a name of Convergys.
Checking them they are "the world leader in customer experience outsourcing", which means in and outgoing call centres.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 24 of 32

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Thanks @gmarkj, you were faster than me slight_smile

It’s one of our main Sales Partners Convergys. 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 25 of 32

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
So they can do Refresh ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 26 of 32

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
You would imagine that if they are "calling on behalf of" then they can do everything the o2 direct would be able to...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 27 of 32

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
You would imagine that if they are "calling on behalf of" then they can do everything the o2 direct would be able to...

Hence my question.....

Currently using:
Message 28 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Arial call 'on behalf of' and shove their customers on business contract with no option of refresh at all.

With the number being complained about by so many people I will stick to the known and trusted route thank you..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 32

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
So they can do Refresh ?

Yes, they can. But it depends on which campaign they are working on thumbsup

@Cleoriff wrote:

...  I will stick to the known and trusted route thank you..

You can accept deals if you want too, but you have the option of opting out too wink

Message 30 of 32