cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boostbox terrible signal at home

Anonymous
Not applicable

Afternoon, I have terrible mobile 3g voice signal at home and wonder if anyone knows if the O2 boostbox is available for consumers as yet? Or if there is an alternative product on the market that will work.

Thanks

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a little story.

I wanted a Boostbox yrs ago , but at a time when our  internet was poor.

O2 would not provide me one and as stated elsewhere , you need to be a Business customer which I was not.

I have used TuGo until it got pulled a month or so ago on my old Galaxy note 1.

It served the purpose as we have much improved broadband over the last 12 months (we reside and work 95% of the time in a hollow where the signal is non existant )

So the phone was only good for wi fi here which we had improved outside ,but 2 other O2 users reside here too.

So I asked for a Boostbox and had to change from personal to business to even get to ask for the price info etc.  So I actually changed in the hope the Boostbox would improve our service as none of the 3 of us wanted to get a Samsung Galaxy S8 at 500 quid each (or similar)

After a wait ,I purchased a Business Boostbox which is the bigger of the 2 boxes O2 do and is 240 quid plus vat !!!!!

Now it was a real pain in the butt trying to get the different depts to understand or appreciate my needs , but we got there in the end !

The Boostbox is a revalation for me ,full service most places around the property and 60 -100 metres outside !!.    But ,you need good broadband , we have 12 down and 8 upload .

I think after 20 yrs of being with O2 ,they could have been a little more helpful ,but I have now got a perfect solution at the moment !!

Woopee woonerd

Message 31 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Good to hear @Anonymous. Pleased for you wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 35

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Glad you managed to get one. By the sounds of it, O2 need to get them mass produced and make them available to consumers. 

Message 33 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was advised by Kuli , a very helpful gentleman in the upgrade dept ,that calls used through the Boostbox would be as good as a perfect mobile conversation , with no echoing or delay on the voice !

I was dubious about that , as Tu Go could be awful at times , but up till now ,I have to admit its near on perfect , with the people who I have rung ,saying how clear and good it was ! 

I think that for householders , the smaller Boostbox could be just as good as a range of 25 meters might well be ok for most .  I think its £70 plus vat .

Mind you ,having to change to business , is , in my expeirience , a bit fraught ,as personal dont want to talk to Business , I found , and  as I was having a slight moan , I suppose too , I did not always get the best of a welcome  lol

Its also a bit dearer .

I am chuffed now , though  , but I dont think O2 have  covered themselves in glory ,in dumping Tu Go , without a plan .     

Message 34 of 35

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If only everyone was able to get the chance of one but thanks for posting of your experience using the smaller one @Anonymous 😀🖕

Message 35 of 35