cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked messages from 87066 number (Tap2Bill)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a massive and largely unfruitful correspondence with Tap2Bill and their subsidiary Moonlight Mobile.

Without realising it until just recently, we've been paying for premium SMS texts for a very long time. So long ago, I can't remember subscribing. But over the months, we've paid for 115 texts. 

But here's the thing. 

I've never seen any of those texts on my phone, so have been argiung that I've not "received" them.

Now I 've doscovered at some point I must have blocked that number. But in my blocked messages, there are still 9 from that number.  I didn't know until today  that blocked messages were still saved to the phone. Spoils my argument that AFAIK they'd never reached my handset yet I'd  still paid for them.

So Q1: is that normal, that blocked texts stil get to the handset, if not to the unbox?

But Q2: why have only 9 been saved in my "blocked messages" and not the whole 115 of them? 

Q3: Would 02 have sent a message to that 87066 number to say that the number was blocked or some such, as I believe other providers do?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Messages do generally get delivered to a spam inbox, just like your email. This is so you can still filter them to make sure you haven't missed anything important.
Not sure why you have so few though, unless that's the amount your phone can store.
O2 don't send any messages to say a number is blocked either. The sender wouldn't know.
We have a premium rate help thread here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

As @MI5 says O2 wouldn't block it as a number of people genuinely sign up for their services.

It's up to you to contact them and ask they unsubscribe you from their services and refund you. Or you could just leave it to the PSA..

Phone number for Tap2Bill is 01494 750500

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

There were plenty of other messages along with those 9 - the majority from O2, (which I must have blocked inadvertently , although nothing too important, so that's OK) so it can't be a problem with inadequate storage space in the spam/blocked in box.

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
So potentially you have paid up to £600? I think you can only contact them yourself and get them to cancel the subscription. Ask for a refund by all means but I'm doubting you will get one.
Sorry but I have to ask, how did this go unnoticed for so long? Who checks your bills?
Message 5 of 5