Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z10 4G

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Now that O2 have announced a date for 4G and given that I now have a 4G SIM in the Z10 should the mobile network settings be showing 4G? mine only offers 2G & 3G, 3G only or 2G only.

My bosses Z10 on Vodafone has the 4G option.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

In some phones a software update may be required before the device can be used on a 4G network.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a very good question!

I am going to assume though that this is the kind of thing that O2 can control using a software update or service books (does the Z10 even use service books?).

It could be that you discover the option is available once the service has been enabled?

Has your boss always had the 4G option since he got the phone?

Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 14

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Yes he has. 

I'm responsible for looking after the phones so checked when transferring everything from his 9900.

Perhaps O2 enable it when you take out a 4G contract but keep it off otherwise to encourage upgrades. (cynic :smileywink:)

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have only ever had 3G as the maximum option as well...so it must be an O2 restriction!

Is your Z10 unlocked? As a wee test ( and I accept no responsibility for any damage that might be caused wink ) what happens if you put your bosses (or any other vodafone) SIM into your phone? Does the 4G option appear?

Message 4 of 14

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Yes it's unlocked, always unlock my phones.

Not able to try that ATM as he's away, have a GiffGaff, old T-mobile cut down and Three SIMs.

Don't expect the GG or T-mo SIMs to have any difference. 

With 3 SIM i get:

LTE/HSPA+/UMTS/GSM

HSPA+/UMTS/GSM

LTE/HSPA+/UMTS

HSPA+/UMTS

GSM

initially then it reverts to 3G & 2G or 3G, so it seems as though it's set on the SIM by Network

edit: the same options came up initially when I put the O2 SIM back in but then reverted to 3G & 2G, 3g or 2G.

Message 5 of 14

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

In some phones a software update may be required before the device can be used on a 4G network.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

After upgrading to a 10.2 leak, I'm now seeing a 4G option

Z10 4G

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooooooooo! slight_smile

p.s. How is the 10.2 leak for you?

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only installed it last night, but seems to be working well.  Some apps weren't restored from the backup for some reason, but I can't remember which ones most of them were so I couldn't have used them much!!

Some useful new features

Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

BlackBerry World should show you which Apps you have "bought" but aren't installed under the "Available" tab slight_smile

Anything you've noticed thats different...and better?

Message 10 of 14