cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will put my BlackBerry on O2 into a garbage

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a Torch 9800 from O2 last year and am now trying to use it in Turkey during my holiday. The phone works with local simcard, connects to the internet but I can not use apps such as facebook. I contacted to local customer service and was suggested that I need to cancel my BIS account which was registired to O2 initially. I contacted O2 twice and they told me that I need to contact blackberry since they can not log in blackberry system? However, blackberry says that O2 needs to delete BIS registration.

I found this web-site https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=o2mailuk to log in my bis account but I can not remember my password. Since I erased all the content of my phone before putting the local sim card in, I can not receive my password. Please help me to cancel my current BIS account, and register again with my local sim card. I am the owner of phone. Thanks a lot

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Can you put the original sim back in to receive the password?

From reading up on bis it is in fact down to O2 to delete the account. Unfortunately I can only recommend phoning CS again and hope you get through to someone a bit more competent in the blackberry area.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
A full reset of the phone should remove the BIS connection. If you can do it, the best way is to reinstall the OS from a PC running BDS.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please ignore my question if you already have done so, but have you used the BB Desktop Software to upgrade the software and save/back up your data, before you went abroad? If yes, can you not transfer the backed up data back into your phone? Just a thought....

Message 4 of 4