cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teltonika Router with O2 Sim Pay and Go data Sim.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear All,

I recently purchased a Teletonika RUT 550 4G Router which takes a data Sim card. I purchased an O2 pay as you go data Sim and loaded it with 500MB of credit.

I have so far been unable to get the router to connect to O2. It has excellent 4G signal strength but what ever combination of APN settings I put in it will not connect.

I have swapped to an EE data Sim and it has worked fully but the coverage is much better from O2.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
What settings did you use?
Message 2 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All you need is:
Name : o2 mobile web

APN payandgo.o2.co.uk

Username - payandgo

Password - password
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your replies.

I have tried the settings given by MI5 but the router still reports that it's disconnected. The router does recognise that it's an O2 sim and that it's got reception.

Any further ideas would be gratefully received.

Nigel.

Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Have you checked your postcode to see if 4g is working in your area?
http://status.o2.co.uk
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes 4G does work at this location, two of my friends are using it on there mobiles. Signal strength of -70dBm.

Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There must be something else wrong in your settings then.
What I posted above is what I use without any issues.
Just make sure the other fields are blank and check your spellings.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have checked settings. I'm wondering if there is an issue with the Sim working in this device but O2 Guru was useless when I asked them about using there Sim in this device. I guess it's not something they come accross often.

Message 8 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have checked settings. I'm wondering if there is an issue with the Sim working in this device but O2 Guru was useless when I asked them about using there Sim in this device. I guess it's not something they come accross often.

I suppose you could always try for a new sim @Anonymous and see if it works with that?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just spoken to a nice man at O2 who has given me the correct APN settings for my Sim but said that as the device wasn't listed on there system it was unlikely to work. It appears that he's right as it still doesn't connect! He mentioned it may work on a buisness Sim but wasn't certain of that.

Message 10 of 14