cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 920

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any new news on the Nokia Lumia 920 becoming available on O2?

The EE exclusivety finishes today (31st December 2012) and as of yet there has been no definitive answer from any of the other networks, other than the odd rumour on a tech site. There is no sign of the phone on the Coming soon section of the shop either.

Surely you want to sell the WP8 flagship phone?

Message 1 of 191
190 REPLIES 190

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the problem with that is. three are selling NOW. Vodafone told me today that baring any problems they are going with yellow and black from wednesday.

o2 still don't even have it on coming soon. But the z10, which was announced only the other day is up, available and ready. this is a phone o2 has had plenty of lead in time and a lot of customer interest, yet nothing. They are now the only network not supplying the phone, or with an intent to supply the phone and I, like others, are probably thinking, do I leave to go to Vodafone, who's customer service has been dire in the past.

Even o2 Ireland have announced it!

EE, where the prices for a DATA network, are high and sadly lack a good data package, or three, where they drop calls and bounce texts where I live...

I know who I would rather be, but this attitude over phones is the reason I've left before. Last time it was a reluctance to stock anything other than iphone. (Even resulting in their advisor shouting at me and telling me that the iphone was the ONLY decent phone)

Information any way would be nice. Even if they told us, we have not made any decisions about this phone yet, it at least gives a times scale
Message 41 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

Went into my local O2 store today knowing that they didnt have it but asked the question anyway - as you do. Then he aswell expressed dissapointment at the lack of information regarding the Lumia 920 and said he wanted to have a play with it. I just stood there playing with the HTC 8X demo device making brmmm brmmmm noises pretending it was the real thing!

Message 42 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

i hope o2 stock lumia 920, at the moment i ve a lumia 800 and i love this phone and thinking of get this phone as my next upgrade and i like to stay with o2.

Message 43 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm another that has been waiting since around July/August last year to upgrade to the 920 but it looks like O2 aren't going to be selling any of the flagship Nokia phones so I also may be jumping ship. Never really had any problems with Vodafone in the past so may well end up going back to them.

Message 44 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

Like most people on this thread I sincerely hope O2 release Lumia 920, I really want to get that handset on O2.

I know O2 have released a lot of models from the Lumia range, like the 820, which is equipped with 4G technology and have also announced that they will be selling the new blackberry Z10 and the water resistant Sony Xperia Z which also has 4G technology.

Message 45 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so I tried to chatting to an o2 'guru' earlier, and had the follwing chat. I really do hope they're right!

Shoaib:

Hi I'm Shoaib. How can I help?

Mart:

I would like some information on the release of the Nokia Lumia 920 please

Shoaib:

I'll be happy to help you.

Shoaib:

May I know what information do you need about it?

Mart:

Well, the phone is now available across all networks in the UK, and I would like to know when you will be able to offer it.

Shoaib:

Mart, We do not have a fixed date yet however it will come soon on our network.

Shoaib:

I suggest you to please sign up for the notification and you will be notify when it will come.

Shoaib:

https://www.o2.co.uk/getupdates

Mart:

do you have a rough idea of which month it will be available? I'm looking to change to a business phone and really find this device perfect, but I dont want to wait forever, so any rough idea of time would be appreciated

Shoaib:

Mart, we do not have updated yet however our website will be updated when it will be available with us.

Mart:

but you can confirm 100% it will be available soon?

Shoaib:

Yes, I am sure that it will be available with us very soon.

Mart:

Thanks for your help Shoaib!

I guess if it's true that it will be released soon, we'll just have to wait. But I think if it is coming, it won't be too far away, there's no way they would make us wait more than a few weeks longer than other networks, as they know they'd lose customers.

Message 46 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable
No offence to the guys on chat, but they know nothing about things like this. They'll tell you anything vague and non-committal just to get rid of you.
They'll only know for sure when it appears on http://www.o2.co.uk/comingsoon just like the rest of us.
Unless there's a leak of some O2 roadmap with it on there, we'll not know until there's an official announcement.
Take anything that O2 employees tell you with a pinch of salt.
Message 47 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my 920 ordered from vodafone this morning just after it went live on their webiste, order confirmed and being prepared for dispatch.

Message 48 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

* update *

after being fobbed off again today by the o2 web chat people..  (no news -  yet keep checking the web etc etc) - i decided to call to get my PAC code.

After a very honest conversation, with a person that had been working at o2 for over 8 years, they said it was highly unlikley o2 would be getting the nokia 920. to their credit they tried desperatley to keep me - deals on my tariff, iphone5 etc etc but i said that i was very happy with o2 but just wanted the nokia 920 and was annoyed at the complete lack of information when every other carrier in the country stock the 920 now.

so after 10+ years of loyality i cancelled my contract and PAC code in hand i went ahead and ordered my nokia 920 on vodaphone - due with me tomorow..  bye bye o2..  perhaps ill see you again in 2 years when my contract is up with vodaphone...

Message 49 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

thankyou

Message 50 of 191