cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 920

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any new news on the Nokia Lumia 920 becoming available on O2?

The EE exclusivety finishes today (31st December 2012) and as of yet there has been no definitive answer from any of the other networks, other than the odd rumour on a tech site. There is no sign of the phone on the Coming soon section of the shop either.

Surely you want to sell the WP8 flagship phone?

Message 1 of 191
190 REPLIES 190

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes i appreciate strange questions may get asked in these forums but a question that reads along the lines of "will a handset be available on the O2 network" shouldn't present to much a hurdle for O2

Message 11 of 191

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

yes i appreciate strange questions may get asked in these forums but a question that reads along the lines of "will a handset be available on the O2 network" shouldn't present to much a hurdle for O2

Agreed but we get asked when will O2 get a phone that hasn't even been released yet, the range of questions support would have to know the answers to is enormous.

People want to connect different devices to their phones and broadband modems, it would be impossible for support to be able to answer these.

I think a forum is the best solution.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, Vodfone have now announced on their blog that they're getting the Lumia 920: http://blog.vodafone.co.uk/2012/12/19/its-official-the-nokia-lumia-920-is-coming-to-vodafone/ so I'm guessing (hopefully) that an announcement from O2 is just round the corner... 

Message 13 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just got back from my local o2 shop. Went for the HTC 8X after looking in CPW next door at the 920. 8X may not have the nokia's camera or apps, but so far so good. Very impressed with not only WP8, but the phone itself too.
Message 14 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, Vodfone have now announced on their blog that they're getting the Lumia 920: http://blog.vodafone.co.uk/2012/12/19/its-official-the-nokia-lumia-920-is-coming-to-vodafone/ so I'm guessing (hopefully) that an announcement from O2 is just round the corner... 

http://wmpoweruser.com/nokia-confirms-january-end-of-uk-ee-exclusivity-for-the-nokia-lumia-920-but-o2-still-not-carrying-the-handset/

In a press release Nokia confirmed the that the Nokia Lumia 920 will become more widely available in January in the UK, spreading from EE, Orange, T-Mobile and Phones4U to Vodafone, Carphone Warehouse, Three UK and retailer Micro-P. It is of note that O2, the carrier most associated with the iPhone, is not on that list.

Message 15 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got nowhere today with the contracts team as to whether they are going to be supplying this handset so it looks like I'll be taking my money elsewhere.

3 have just announced it on their website available from February and its available through online retailers for Vodafone.

I think this is a bad decision from O2, demand for this handset is clearly high just look at the sales figures Nokia have just released.
Message 16 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been pretty impressed with how O2 have been supporting Wp8. It's just a shame the one device I have been patiently waiting for still isn't available yet - the Lumia 920.

Three are also now offering the 920, but to be honest, I'm reluctant to leave O2 due to their coverage in my area and customer service. If the 920 isn't offered soon, I'll more than likely buy a PAYG handset from Three/Vodo/EE and unlock it.

It sounds nerdy, but I'd prefer to see the O2 logo when it powers up though. . .

Message 17 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same for me, O2 have until 22nd Feb to get the 920 in place and available otherwise I am going over to Vodafone.

Message 18 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just been on Live Chat and the person I was chatting to told me that the Lumia 920 is coming to O2!!

She wouldn't confirm a date, just said to keep checking the website!!

Can't wait!!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't hold your breath!  The number of times I've been told all manner of nonsense on the chat just so they could get you off and onto the next person is astounding.

It seems to be O2's policy to keep their customers in the dark in the hope that they'll not cancel and move elsewhere.

Message 20 of 191