cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 820 - problem with MMS settings

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can spiradically send picture messages, but more often than not, I get the message "cannot send message. Try Again". I went into 02 yesterday and a lady change the interest settings, and it worked, but later on, it had reverted to not sending again.  The lady didnt tell me what settings were changed.

I have looked at the mobile network settings, which show the data connection is "on". Any other advice?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorted!! In the end it was very easy!!

For anyone who's interested....

Under settings, go into Access Point, here there are four options, 02 Pay and Go, 02 Pay Monthly, Tesco, Giffgaff (and the ability to add more) I just clicked on the appropriate one and hey ho, I can send messages!!

Why, if it is so easy, was it so hard to find the answer to?

Thank you M15 for pointing me in the right direction though!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You can download an app called "Network Settings" and select O2 when you run the app. This will set the correct settings for your phone. Reboot after applying settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive gone onto the store on my phone but cannot find an app to download called "network settings" - am I looking in the right place?

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

You can use this QR code to get the Network Setup app from Marketplace. Press the search button, then the scan icon (it looks like an eye) and point the camera at the screen.

NetworkSetup-QR.png

Or, you can try these settings

Internet APN

Access point name: mobile.o2.co.uk

Proxy address: http://mmsc.mmc.o2.co.uk:8002

Proxy port: 8080

Username: o2web

Password: password

MMS APN

MMS access point name: O2 Pay Monthly MMS

Proxy address: 193.113.200.195

Proxy port: 8080

Username: o2wap

Password: password

MMSC address: http://mmsc.o2.co.uk:8002

Once done, you may have to restart the phone for the settings to take effect. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, thanks for your help, but it's not working!! I have scanned in the qr code and I'm being told by the app, network setup, that "this app is not available for your device"

Also, when you say above regarding changing the Internet aon, where icy settings do I find this? I remember seeing this on my old phone, but can't find it here, anywhere under settings!!
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Maybe Nokia have pulled the app again - They seem to do this from time to time for some reason. The apn's are in network settings on your phone.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorted!! In the end it was very easy!!

For anyone who's interested....

Under settings, go into Access Point, here there are four options, 02 Pay and Go, 02 Pay Monthly, Tesco, Giffgaff (and the ability to add more) I just clicked on the appropriate one and hey ho, I can send messages!!

Why, if it is so easy, was it so hard to find the answer to?

Thank you M15 for pointing me in the right direction though!
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Glad you got it sorted and that it was so easy in the end.:smileyhappy:

I think smart phones should come with a goverment stress warning!:smileyhappy:

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for having this sorted - its been driving me mad - I agree these phones need a health warning - wonderful when sorted!
Message 9 of 9