cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Nokia Lumia 650

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having very recently upgraded from the 640 to the 650 ... because I was very kindly informed by a member on the forum that Microsoft were not going to make anymore Windows phones, so kinda get it whilst you can 

atm I am running both the 640 & the 650 as need to take time to see how to take my 640 caloendar over to the 650

Most of the carrying over was done in the Skipton shop by 3 different members of staff

May I compliment the shop, run by long-time general manager Stavros @Toby ... they worked seamlessly as a team ... I, basically, sat patiently whilst they did their job

Will someone on the O2 Community forum please explain in Janet-&-John speak ie do I have Wi-Fi switched permanently? on or off ... & ... do I have data switched permanently? on or off ... because as said on my 640 thread I'm loosing data fast since Whatsap & Messenger were downloaded onto my 640 last Friday by a whizz kid in the town's WMC

Cat

Message 1 of 129
128 REPLIES 128

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I've found a lot of bugs in the last public WP10 release but got round it by registering for the Windows Insider programme. It will push a test update to your phone which fixes a lot of bugs.
https://insider.windows.com/en-gb/how-to-mobile/
Select "Fast" and "Full Updates" and you'll get an update immediately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 81 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@AnonymousI have just checked the Mocrosoft forums ...a few people said this worked

"Had this problem after an update and it disabled the Messaging app running in the background. Once it was re-enabled, I was getting notifications again"

No idea if it will work for you but worth a try?....

Thank you @Cleoriff for taking the time & trouble to help me rose

I've done as suggested ... & ... will know if successful when next a message is sent to me 

Message 82 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I've found a lot of bugs in the last public WP10 release but got round it by registering for the Windows Insider programme. It will push a test update to your phone which fixes a lot of bugs.
https://insider.windows.com/en-gb/how-to-mobile/
Select "Fast" and "Full Updates" and you'll get an update immediately.

Thank you @MI5 rose

The phone was updated recently

I shall look into what you say as soon as my brain is in gear 

Message 83 of 129

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine too - that's when I started getting problems.

Mine was mainly SD card issues though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 84 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine too - that's when I started getting problems.

Mine was mainly SD card issues though.

Thank you @MI5 rose

Message 85 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff & @MI5

All is ok now ... = ... just got a text message on the phone ... & ... received an aural & visual notification, I'm glad, thank you both rose sunflower

Message 86 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Taking photos with camera on the phone

More often than not the photos I take do not 'take' ie there is no click sound

I know a lot are blurd as my hands shake due to side effects of tablets & I have difficulty holding the phone firmly in hand due to Renauds disease in both my hands

HOWEVER ... picture taking is a happy pastime for me = just point 'n'shoot ... = ... townscapes / landscapes / still life / silly selfies / my cat Marty ... = ... is about it

Wispa calling eg @viridis who I know is a keen photographer & other photographers who use similar phones to the Lumia 650lte are you able to advise me please?

I usually try to take 3 shots of whatever I wish to snap ... & ... choose the clearest to use

Thank you in advance of any help / advice offerred rainbow

Message 87 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

Is there a way I can access my contacts list during a phone call?

Reason is = my mum needed my plumber's telephone number ... so ... I had to end the call, look up the number on my contacts list, write it down, then ring her back telling her the plumber's number

In addition ... if a caller gives me a telephone number ... & ... I have no pen & paper to hand, is there a way I can input it into my phone during the phone call?

Any help will be gratefully received slight_smile

Message 88 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit to the O2 shop in Skipton for 1st query above  ^  ^  ^

tap person you wish to speak to ... or ... answer a call

go into people ... & ... pick number you wish to give out to caller

tap on top strip of phone (mine is personalised to colour magenta)

job done slight_smile

Message 89 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Open up text app, send number to myself in a text ... ... ... is an alternative answer to question mentioned in post above  ^  ^  ^  ... ... ... credit 007 himself rainbow

Message 90 of 129