cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Nokia Lumia 650

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having very recently upgraded from the 640 to the 650 ... because I was very kindly informed by a member on the forum that Microsoft were not going to make anymore Windows phones, so kinda get it whilst you can 

atm I am running both the 640 & the 650 as need to take time to see how to take my 640 caloendar over to the 650

Most of the carrying over was done in the Skipton shop by 3 different members of staff

May I compliment the shop, run by long-time general manager Stavros @Toby ... they worked seamlessly as a team ... I, basically, sat patiently whilst they did their job

Will someone on the O2 Community forum please explain in Janet-&-John speak ie do I have Wi-Fi switched permanently? on or off ... & ... do I have data switched permanently? on or off ... because as said on my 640 thread I'm loosing data fast since Whatsap & Messenger were downloaded onto my 640 last Friday by a whizz kid in the town's WMC

Cat

Message 1 of 129
128 REPLIES 128

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Incidentally this is the correct spelling of haemorrhoids.....Dance

Yes Matron Cleo ... Popcorn ... I've not used this smiley before ... ah I have now 

Cat

Message 61 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just done Google Is My Friend ... ty & all due deference to @Bambino ... the cogs in my head must be made of crumbly sandstone ... I was going to post for help with getting some music on my phone ... & ... it's there on Google ... I shall post on this thread when I get into difficulty slight_smile

Message 62 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to have say Bank Holidays etc put into my phone automatically?

Message 63 of 129

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it possible to have say Bank Holidays etc put into my phone automatically?

No real idea Jane but I have looked on Google (lol) .Bank Holidays are dependent on the country you live in.

According to this article Lumia phones display US bank holidays automatically. However to configure to UK holidays needs a fair bit of work and 'technical ability' (So a big fail for me then) LOL

Have a look at this http://mynokiablog.com/2013/01/21/howto-configure-local-holiday-calendar-on-your-lumia-video/ ...then think 'ah to hell with that'.... and manually input them into planner instead..Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 64 of 129

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sync with google calendar and tick "UK Holidays"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 65 of 129

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Sync with google calendar and tick "UK Holidays"

Pffttttt ...Know all LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 66 of 129

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Simples innit slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 67 of 129

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Simples innit slight_smile

For you. However you have to give credit to someone who tries hard. .....Never having had a Lumia phone. so still pfffttt... tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 68 of 129

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can do the same on your phone too if it's not already doing it.

Currently using:
Message 69 of 129

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
You can do the same on your phone too if it's not already doing it.

Yes I know. However I have two devices that manage my life. A phone and a diary. A bit old hat to you youngsters who use your phones for everything. I don't. I fact I would be more lost without my diary if honest.

This is my back up. It's also pointless telling me how much easier it is to do it all on 'devices' Not for me.

Same could be said for electronic books. Cant be doing with them. I prefer to read those printed on paper. Each to their own Rich...each to their own. slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 70 of 129