cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Nokia Lumia 650

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having very recently upgraded from the 640 to the 650 ... because I was very kindly informed by a member on the forum that Microsoft were not going to make anymore Windows phones, so kinda get it whilst you can 

atm I am running both the 640 & the 650 as need to take time to see how to take my 640 caloendar over to the 650

Most of the carrying over was done in the Skipton shop by 3 different members of staff

May I compliment the shop, run by long-time general manager Stavros @Toby ... they worked seamlessly as a team ... I, basically, sat patiently whilst they did their job

Will someone on the O2 Community forum please explain in Janet-&-John speak ie do I have Wi-Fi switched permanently? on or off ... & ... do I have data switched permanently? on or off ... because as said on my 640 thread I'm loosing data fast since Whatsap & Messenger were downloaded onto my 640 last Friday by a whizz kid in the town's WMC

Cat

Message 1 of 129
128 REPLIES 128

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

I'll see if I can pass on your kind feedback about the shop @Anonymous slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 21 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

I'll see if I can pass on your kind feedback about the shop @Anonymous slight_smile

thank you @Toby ... having an O2 shop in town was one of the main reasons I chose O2 as my mobile service provider ... this was before I got to know of the O2 Community forum ... & ... they have never let me down wink

Message 22 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @captainprice ... I've been trying to set up my phone for O2 Priority ... & ... it seems I'm not connected to Windows ... because ... when I tap the Store tile I get an error message ... = ... Check your connection, All fixed ? ... the phone is working alright as far as I can see 

Thank you for any help offerred

Message 23 of 129

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

According to this link it needs certain 'system requirements' for windows phones

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/o2-priority/9wzdncrfj3lj

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 129

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144148 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
No reason why it shouldn't work.
Is this on wifi on mobile data?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
No reason why it shouldn't work.
Is this on wifi on mobile data?

I don't know @MI5 ... sorry to be so useless slight_frown

Thank you @Cleoriff for the link 

Message 26 of 129

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
Follow my instructions from my previous post but tap on WiFi instead of mobile and data this will tell you if your WiFi is on or off
Message 27 of 129

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
I'm using wifi and just tapped on @Cleoriff link and downloaded the o2 priority app ok
Message 28 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @captainprice will do tomorrow as it's getting late for me to do tech things 

Message 29 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

A question: ... & ... I have tried using Google ... & ... the link @Cleoriff posted about setting up the Lumia 650

I have The Daily Mail Online only as my source of news ... on my previous mobile ie Lumia 640 I received news from various sources, I'd like to have that on my Lumia 650 ... any advice please would be gratefully received

Also I note O2 Priority is not on my Windows 10 laptop, maybe there is a thread I can look for that using the search button

Still can't get O2 Priority on the Lumia 650, but I won't stop trying slight_smile [Edit] just managed to do it on my Lumia 650 ... will sort the laptop out another day ... = ... one success per day is all about my brain can handle wink

Message 30 of 129