cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Nokia Lumia 650

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having very recently upgraded from the 640 to the 650 ... because I was very kindly informed by a member on the forum that Microsoft were not going to make anymore Windows phones, so kinda get it whilst you can 

atm I am running both the 640 & the 650 as need to take time to see how to take my 640 caloendar over to the 650

Most of the carrying over was done in the Skipton shop by 3 different members of staff

May I compliment the shop, run by long-time general manager Stavros @Toby ... they worked seamlessly as a team ... I, basically, sat patiently whilst they did their job

Will someone on the O2 Community forum please explain in Janet-&-John speak ie do I have Wi-Fi switched permanently? on or off ... & ... do I have data switched permanently? on or off ... because as said on my 640 thread I'm loosing data fast since Whatsap & Messenger were downloaded onto my 640 last Friday by a whizz kid in the town's WMC

Cat

Message 1 of 129
128 REPLIES 128

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Shame you can't embed a sound file on here tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 101 of 129

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Dunno if this will work....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 102 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
No, calling notification volume max is 10.
Try choosing a louder ringtone.
If there isn't anything louder on the phone already, download Zedge and get one off there - I have the Dukes of Hazzard air horns for when I'm in a noisy environment - that cuts through anything!

@MI5 I had a phone call today whilst sat at laptop in little room ... the ringtone made me jump out of my seat LOL Also I lost my phone in the house ... so ... my home help / friend rang & again I found the phone easily ... ringtone is something like Marachech ... = ... brilliant, thank you @MI5 slight_smile

Message 103 of 129

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Glad you’re sorted...... again slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 104 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone is 'playing up' 

It appears since the battery died on me last week, my fault as I forgot to charge it in the evening which I usually do

Well, I'm not receiving aural notifications of messages (only reminders in my phone calendar) ... it seems also a bit hit 'n' miss as to where messages go either properly on message tile on phone home screen or Skype?! or in messenger tile

I'm confused ... Confused

Any help would  be gratefully received 

Message 105 of 129

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Sorry Jane I would be no help with this as I have limited (if any) knowledge about your phone. You could type the problem into Google though and see what you get back?

Unless someone on here is more familiar with your device....?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 106 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Sorry Jane I would be no help with this as I have limited (if any) knowledge about your phone. You could type the problem into Google though and see what you get back?

Unless someone on here is more familiar with your device....?

Thank you @Cleoriff ... I don't know whether to turn it off & then on again ... I'll have a go asking the question of Google 

Message 107 of 129

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Change your default sms app back to messages.

Currently using:
Message 108 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Change your default sms app back to messages.

Thank you @MI5

I've asked Google 'How to change default sms app back to messages' ... & ... it's mentioning Facebook ... getting myself into a right tizzy ... Destroy ... just before bedtime too ... Crazy

I'm sorry, I do try, but it's just not easy come by slight_frown 

Message 109 of 129

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

If you ask the question on google you would have to write 'Lumia 650 change default SMS back to messages'......You will then get a load of responses Jane. Choose the one that's the best for you...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 110 of 129