cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Nokia Lumia 650

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having very recently upgraded from the 640 to the 650 ... because I was very kindly informed by a member on the forum that Microsoft were not going to make anymore Windows phones, so kinda get it whilst you can 

atm I am running both the 640 & the 650 as need to take time to see how to take my 640 caloendar over to the 650

Most of the carrying over was done in the Skipton shop by 3 different members of staff

May I compliment the shop, run by long-time general manager Stavros @Toby ... they worked seamlessly as a team ... I, basically, sat patiently whilst they did their job

Will someone on the O2 Community forum please explain in Janet-&-John speak ie do I have Wi-Fi switched permanently? on or off ... & ... do I have data switched permanently? on or off ... because as said on my 640 thread I'm loosing data fast since Whatsap & Messenger were downloaded onto my 640 last Friday by a whizz kid in the town's WMC

Cat

Message 1 of 129
128 REPLIES 128

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email on Windows Nokia Lumia 650 lte

My laptop shows I have well over 1,000 emails in each of the 3  sections = social / 'normal' / promotional

I'd like my phone to be set up so's I can do some filing & deleting from my phone when say out & about in a cafe / pub / Working Mens Club ... = ... somehow at home I just don't get the feeling I want to do this when at my laptop in the little bedroom ... it's as if I've better things to do with my time & tbh the will is just not there ... also my laptop is getting noticably slower so it may not be good for it to 'carry' so many emails? Don't know

Any help, of course, is much appreciated

Or if someone could point me in the direction of something I'd be grateful

Sorry, if I've been 'numpty' again letting you know my Windows phone is not set up for email

Message 91 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to say the email address I use, on my laptop, is 11 years old

Just realised why I've repeatedly found it = a ring-a-round-the-roses type of thing to add my email account successfully onto the 650 it's the password problem ... it's to do with the young slick O2 chap who inputted any old email address for me att in the shop saying I could change it when I got home ... well ... that unused account has never been used = why would it? ... ... ... so that's why I've had all that trouble previously not been able to sync

A work in progress for another day ... ... ... ty to @MI5 @Cleoriff @jonsie @viridis ... & ... A Windows Man = @captainprice

I have been using the blue links put up by usually @Cleoriff ... & ... engaging brain before 'mouth' as-it-were

May the Force be with you ..... Always

Message 92 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh dear ... just had a thought I've just had a worrying thought ... I have & use Facebook on the 650 ... sooo how come : ... ... ... ?

Nah ... time to go to the pub beers

Message 93 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some Good News:

My phone came with a white back to it ... it gets lost in any handbag + I've left it on top of the cooker when I thought it was in my handbag ... & ... left it on a bar counter 

Today got clear pink back-hard case for it ... thought great I can see back of phone through it ... no, however ... fitted over white back it becomes a solid pink colour ... hence easier to see & not so easy to loose ... Happy Dance

In addition the 2 right hand side protruding buttons on phone which I have accidentally pressed ... & ... dropped a call ... well ... these 2 buttons are now 'hard press' ... so well chuffed ... cost only a fiver ... Bouncy

Message 94 of 129

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 95 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Something for a fiver which brings so much pleasure for so long... 

Indeedy

It don't take much to make me happy @jonsie ... wink

Message 96 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to have the volume louder than 10 please?

I ask because even when the phone is in my handbag when out, which is zipped up, usually I cannot hear the standard ringtone & notifications sound 

It's fine at home when the phone is with me at all times

If anyone could help I'd be grateful ... point me to a link if you think it's alright

Thank you

Message 97 of 129

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, calling notification volume max is 10.
Try choosing a louder ringtone.
If there isn't anything louder on the phone already, download Zedge and get one off there - I have the Dukes of Hazzard air horns for when I'm in a noisy environment - that cuts through anything!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 98 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @MI5 yahoo

Message 99 of 129

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Dukes of Hazzard air horns? FGS....joy

Veritas Numquam Perit