Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to release BlackBerry PIN

Shadowbolt
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have absolutely no clue on how to release my BlackBerry's PIN so I can use BIS on another device. Is there a way that I could do this?

Model: Bold 9790

O2 Pay As You Go (Classic)

(Yes I do have the BIS Bolt-On)

Currently using a BlackBerry Bold 9780.

Just a person trying to get through life without having issues with their phone. This, obviously, won't happen.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Shadowbolt! Did you end up resolving this or are you still struggling?

Anyone here on the community have any experience with Blacberry and could advice?

Message 2 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
No sorry, not a clue with the old BB's
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 15

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

If you're still around @Shadowbolt and haven't sorted this out yet, please check your PMs (private messages here on the forum) as I'll send you a message shortly to get a few additional details. Let's see if we can help on our end with your PIN. slight_smile

Message 4 of 15

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If I remember correctly @sheepdog was a BB man a few years ago.

...but my memory isn't too good right now!

Message 5 of 15

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Only just remembered I got pinged about this thread....but unfortunately no, I have no idea.

My Blackberry Bold was the first and only BB I ever had. Still have it on my desk stopping dust forming on it. Must get a battery for it as its still quite functional as a phone. 

Message 6 of 15

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

Only just remembered I got pinged about this thread....but unfortunately no, I have no idea.

My Blackberry Bold was the first and only BB I ever had. Still have it on my desk stopping dust forming on it. Must get a battery for it as its still quite functional as a phone. 

Glad I'm not going too demented. I was sure you had one but there was a thread a few years back about the BB pin but I can't seem to find it. Thanks for responding @sheepdog

Message 7 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Was this the thread @jonsie? I see @Anonymous and @aldaweb posted on it..

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-devices/Transfering-of-BB-pin/m-p/448420/highlight/true#M38145

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I remember when using BBM on Android I got a new PIN each time I installed BBM on a new device.
Not aware that you could transfer your PIN though as I just assumed a new PIN was assigned to each device?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 15

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Was this the thread @jonsie? I see @Anonymous and @aldaweb posted on it..

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-devices/Transfering-of-BB-pin/m-p/448420/highlight/true#M38145

That was one of them and I'm assuming there were others before that because many customers has BBs back in the day. 

Message 10 of 15