cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB 9360 apps dowload and delete

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear All,

I am the proudly owner of a new BB 9360, as from 2nd Jan, which I love it and hasn't let me down.

Today I have downloaded the Whatsapp app and after only 2 messages sent via this app I decided that I didn't like it and proceeded with deleting the app from my phone; afterwards however, I have noticed that each time I've sent an e-mails as I used to do it previously (from my email accountant associated with my BB) there is a charge from my balance; also, I've noticed, even when I've text it O2 to find out my current balance, there was a charge too, which again, it was free before.

So my question is, what have I done and how can I rectify it? Any suggestions/solutions, please?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Are you sure your free allowance hasn't expired and you are using your credit to text and access data? Having said that, your balance text should be free anyway. Try the battery pull trick and see if it helps.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Are you sure your free allowance hasn't expired and you are using your credit to text and access data? Having said that, your balance text should be free anyway. Try the battery pull trick and see if it helps.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your suggestion; at the end of the app's deleting process the phone was restarted/equivalent of pulling the battery out; I wonder though, if the phone is behaving like having been set up for MMS or SMS which I believe you have to pay for the service? if yes, how can I get cancel this, if possible? many thanks
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also, just, tried to send an other text to find out my balance and it did not go through - I had 'Network out of order' message instead...
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Whatsapp only uses your data connection so it shouldn't add any MMS settings. Try turning off, removing battery and SIM then reconnecting - It will give you a "new" network connection.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5