cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Sim Card - not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Hoping somebody may be able to help with this.  I had my phone stolen a week ago.  O2 blocked the SIM and Phone.  I have since got a New phone (Blackberry 9360) and picked up a replacement SIM from my local O2 shop.

I tried to activate online, which did work - except they activate the SIM to my partners number not mine (we have a couple of numbers on the same account).  I went to O2 yesterday morning, they activated another blank SIM for me for my phone number.  I've put it in my phone and been switching on and off many many times over the last 26 hours. 

Since I put in the SIM it shows the Network at teh top of the screen as:  O2 - UK And the Signal bars are there and receiving signal, but it is showing as GPS or 3G (It keeps changing)

I am still unable to make calls and receive calls, and if I try to go online - or on Twitter or FB - It says "You are currently on a data plan that does not support this application....etc).  But my plan definately covers online data.

Does this mean my SIM isn't activated yet?  or that it has been done but not correctly.  I would've thought it would be connected by now?

Thank in advance!

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would contact customer service to check the status of the sim card and the bolt on. If you didn't have a Blackberry before then you need to change your data to a Blackberry bolt on.

Also ask them if the lost/stolen bar has been removed from your account as this is sometimes overlooked when provisioning a new sim. This may well be why you cannot make or receive calls.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would contact customer service to check the status of the sim card and the bolt on. If you didn't have a Blackberry before then you need to change your data to a Blackberry bolt on.

Also ask them if the lost/stolen bar has been removed from your account as this is sometimes overlooked when provisioning a new sim. This may well be why you cannot make or receive calls.

Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help, I will contact them now slight_smile

Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hope you get it sorted:smileyhappy:

Let us know how you get on:smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, They have apparently re-activated the card - this should unblock the number etc, it should be ok in the next 2-24 hours - just need to carry on turning phone off and on.

FC it works this time!  Been without a phone for quite a while now!

Thanks for your help, will let you know if it works.

Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update - my phone is still not working 😞  exactly the same as it was a couple of days ago - I think that it's to do with the blocking when I reported my phone stolen....   The sim is not connected to any number and nothing on teh phone is working (cannot text - says I'm not subscribed etc)  waiting to talk to another online O2 bod...  hoping this will get fixed - getting frustrated with it now!

Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It's an old favourite I'm afraid.

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

And I have a working phone!!!  Had THE most helpful Guru on the chat just now - half hour later I'm now able to use all but the online part of my phone (which can take a while to activate apparently).  So far all the other o2 guru's and shop staff seemed to do was activate my sim.  First thing he said was "I've unbarred all the barrs that were put on - So that was the problem!  Took a while to get there - but so pleased I now have a working phone! slight_smile 

Thanks for all your help too - made it alot easier to explain to 02 what I (you ;)) thought the problem was slight_smile 

Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 10 of 11