Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Products and Services

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

use phone in egypt

[ Edited ]

i am going to Egypt on sunday and would like to use my phone to update facebook and send messages whats the best way to get data without breaking the bank

Highlighted
Topics: 543
Solutions: 12,094

Re: use phone in egypt

@kevb use a local SIM or WiFi only and keep phone on airplane mode.
Data is over £7 a mb!
http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Level 17: Luminescent

Turn your phone onto flight aeroplane made take your voicemail off and use a local SIM or Wi-Fi would be best
Highlighted
Level 65: Ultra-cool

@kevb Best thing to do to ensure you don't connect to any service in Egypt is to remove your sim and put it in a safe place until you return to the UK. You can use FB Messenger and WhatsApp over WiFi which won't cost you anything. If you plan to use a local sim, make sure your phone is unlocked before you leave.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread
Highlighted
Former Staff

Good morning @kevb, there's some great advice above so please have a look and let us know if you'd like any further help slight smile

Enjoy your time in Egypt, and welcome to our forum! Wave

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature