cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to speak due to medical issue.. how can i contact o2?

evelx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Bit of a weird one.. I've lost my voice due to a illness (i literally squeek) I'm currently bed bound but I need to call o2 to make a insurance claim on one of my devices how would i go about this? Live chat told me they can't help me and I must ring 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@evelx Sorry to hear you're ill. I find it absolutely astounding that Live Chat have told you they cannot help. That's appalling. The only thing I can think of is for you to get someone to call on your behalf, but you will need to be present. You'll have to speak as best you can just to verify who you are and then let whoever is speaking for you take over. Hope you're able to get this sorted.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@evelx Sorry to hear you're ill. I find it absolutely astounding that Live Chat have told you they cannot help. That's appalling. The only thing I can think of is for you to get someone to call on your behalf, but you will need to be present. You'll have to speak as best you can just to verify who you are and then let whoever is speaking for you take over. Hope you're able to get this sorted.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

MusicIan
Level 4: Observant
  • 60 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
I helped someone out with a similar issue and found the whole operation completely bizarre. They cant help because of security issues on live chat but are happy to proceed on speech as long as they have the permission of the account holder. Who can’t speak. It got sorted, as your issue will, eventually - but make sure your advocate makes a pot of tea and gets out a plate of biscuits before you start.
Message 3 of 3