cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

travelling abroad and local carrier refused to connect me

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is the answer I received from customer services about my BB990 that was not able to connect to local network Djezzy. It is not O2 fault, local carrier should have connected you and we cannot do anything.

This is the worst answer I was expecting from o2 customer services.

Althiough thay have an agreement but me as an O2 customer on monthly ocntract, I can be refused to a local network when roaming.

I wish you get stuck abroad in an airport with 2 kids and trying to contact your family becoz your phone froze.

Back office staff does not want to investigate as why my phone was not able to connect to local network. And only got SOS calls.

Awful, Awful experience, very very unhappy customer.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

If a local network won't connect you , thats not really an O2 problem. Yes, the networks have an agreement but your connection abroad is never guaranteed, especially when you travel outside of the EU.

I understand it will have been a stressful time for you, but you're best option is probably to get your phone unlocked and use a local SIM card if you are travelling back to Algeria in the future now that you know the local network won't connect O2 customers despite the agreement they might have in place.

What exactly would you want a customer service rep to do? Whats is the better answer you were hoping for? What would have made for a better customer experience for you? O2 have no control over other suppliers networks! 

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Papadug

you are well aware of my probem with my BB9900, as we have exchanged on the community

You were the one who has done the most.

I cannot say the same from o2 custoemr service staff, except the last lady who I spoke to

she was very compasionate, and tried to give me advice

I wanted somone rom back office to look into the issue and try to investigate, I know it is complexe, then take the challenge and try to do something. Be creative go beyond your skills.

I wanted to have a win-win situtaion I had a collaborative and cooperative attitude

but All I hear from O2, it is not our fault, we cannot do anything

it is up to local network to connect you. This is not the answers I was expecting.

hence me being frustrated and unhappy.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks will do

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Flew to Chicago last week for a very short visit. Could not get my phone to pick up AT&T or T-Mobile networks. Tried manually selecting a network, tried switching the phone off/on, tried DE-selecting 3G. Eventually a "soft reset" worked.

Spent 24 hours in Chicago - then went back to the UK

Yesterday - arrived in Chicago - phone worked! Great! But it only did so for a couple of hours - then the signal bar dropped to zero (Just dots .....) - then "No service".

Went through the whole process (as above) again - still nothing.

Walked five hundred meters to the Apple Store on Michigan Ave. Apple technicians tried everything - they too could not get it to work. They tried my Sim card in one of their own "un-blocked" I-phones. Initially got some reception on T-Mobile - but then it dropped out.

I've now had no signal/no service  for 12 hours. Have Skyped O2 Customer Services - but twice the Skype signal has dropped out. Having given the Customer Service agent my hotel number and room number I was really hoping for a call back - but nothing.

What is wrong with O2 ? My phone is good - but I suspect the sim card?

Any suggestions please - as I cannot make or receive phone calls or text messages.

Thank you

Message 6 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@unhappy2cust are you on payg?

If yes the o2 only allows roaming on pay monthly in algeria.

The o2 website says unavailable by costs for algeria for payg that means no roaming.

If on monthly it should have been fine

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 7