cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferred or ported the number from O2 to Virgin mobile. The system is busy please try again later

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not been able to use my mobile for two weeks. Dialing produces a 'The system is busy please try again later' message, trying to use my data/internet gives me a message that tells me Could not activate mobile data... This started after I transferred or ported the number from O2 to Virgin mobile and then the problem started. I have called Virgin mobile a lot of times, and they kept telling me that O2 needs to transfer the "SPS" files.

it looks like O2 doesn't reply to Virgin Mobile. They keep requesting the files so far no answers from O2.

I am tired I am lost I don't know what I could try? Plese help David

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous It's quite obvious the port is incomplete, particularly as Virgin can't activate your phone.

I presume you gave the pac code to Virgin within 30 days of receiving it from O2? (It expires after 30 days)

Have you tried rebooting your phone (turning off and back on again)...if so and still same message you do have to persevere with O2 customer services. Give them a call first thing in the morning 8-8.30am http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I have tried everything and I went through with the PAC from Giffgaff. Everything went fine until my number was ported with missing files. I fear O2 won't talk to me because I am not a customer anymore.

Please any suggestions?  

Message 3 of 12

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

So did you port from O2 to Virgin or from giffgaff to Virgin? Either way it's a split port and you need to contact the network from which you ported.

If it was giffgaff, then you need to contact them through their community site and not O2.

Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Virgin need to chase your previous network for the porting files again. If it was gg you were on, o2 definitely won't be able to help.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Had you made it clear you were actually porting from Giffgaff not O2, then my initial answer would have been to contact them,. They run on the O2 network but that's all. Giffgaff handle your account so it's them Virgin (or you), need to be chasing...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You could try raising it with an agent on gg forum but it really is the responsibility of virgin to do the chasing.
Just so you know, ports are handles by a third party so neither virgin nor gg actually do it, they are just part of the process.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Yes things have changed these days. I worked in MNP for O2 and back then it was solely done between the two networks. So much better and easier then but of course porting wasn't in the thousands per day back then. Oh.... and we worked weekends too!

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
"When I was a lad.........."

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions