Did you mean: 

suspicious call

Miiilena
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone!

Has any of you ever had a call from 02825022907?

They claim to be O2, offered an upgrade to what I pay for but I just didn't feel right about it. The guy called from South Africa and send me text messages with auth codes, confirmed to me what phone numbers my last calls were directed to but didn't have my name, email, house address nor DOB.

I felt a bit uncomfortable so I tried to end the call by saying I was gonna do some research, he insisted by saying the offer to this upgrade is only available over the phone to agree to it today.

I kept on saying I didn't want to anymore, especially when on Google this phone number is rated negatively and is not verified.

Potential scam? Only shared my name, they don't have any other of my details.

If any of you has had a similar experience, please share slight_smile

I tried to get through to customer service on webchat, but the BOT doesn't seem to be understanding my question about the call and won't connect me to any operator.

Thanks x

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23035 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23035 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions
Message 2 of 5

Miiilena
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your fast reply, @Bambino I appreciate that.

Have a good evening x

Message 3 of 5

soit
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Suspicious call - received 18/06/2022 12:44 from 02825022907 (your entry dated **Personal info**22) claimed to be from Manchester, call log shows Ballymena NI. WHY in nearly a month has this outfit NOT been shut down?? I trust O2 less now. Answers re progress welcomed, I am fed up wasting my time with scammers. 

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@soit 

How do you suggest O2 shut them down when they are untraceable and regularly change the numbers they spoof?

Maybe your question should be to the Police and as to why they haven't been arrested yet?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5