cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

son studying in usa

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

What is cheapest option? my son and I  both have 02 mobiles, he is in the usa for two years but coming home during holidays, is it cheaper for him and me to text using his Uk mobile to my uK mobile or use his usa mobile to text my Uk  one?  Both phones are iphones so whats the cheapest way of keeping in contact please?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hello

Skype or WhatsApp is free to use.

Hope this helps!

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
iMessage each other over wifi.
Data will be very expensive to use in USA on an O2-UK sim so avoid it at all costs.
If he is on contract he can download Tu and use it over wifi to call you from his UK allowance at no extra charge and he can receive calls from you too for free as long as he is connected to wifi.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Link to Tu app if required http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4