Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim

barrie1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i upgraded my phone to a new device but it arrived without a new sim card. I cant used the old sim as its much bigger so ive been with a new phone for a month now without using it. Everytime i have tryed to order a new sim it takes me through the processes to order a new one but the automated message at the end says its only for customers who have a lost or stolen phone or have may have suffered from fraud. Any ideas how i can get my new sim for my new phone please and id like to keep my number.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Not being able to use your phone sounds like an emergency to me...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 17

barrie1
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im able to use a phone but its an old phone with old sim card and just cant use new phone. 

Message 12 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@barrie1 

Make the sim smaller and put it in your new phone.

It will work.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 17

barrie1
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so your saying i trim the old standard sim to a nano size sim and that will work? Really!

Message 14 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@barrie1 wrote:

so your saying i trim the old standard sim to a nano size sim and that will work? Really!

You just push hard in the middle and the small part will pop out.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 17

barrie1
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have tryed and push out so it is a nano sim size but all it as done is put a slight dentation in the middle of the card and now its saying that that there is no sim card in the old phone when i know it is and now also saying my contacts not registered on network. So unable to make calls.

Message 16 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

You said the sim would separate.
If it won't, you'll need to order a new one from O2 Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Currently using:
Message 17 of 17