cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your bill is 900% higher this month...

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Your bill is 900% higher this month, why? Because we refuse to warn you when you use your allowance and we can charge way more". That how O2 does business and keep disappointing its customers. Well done there!
Message 1 of 35
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
It is your responsibility to monitor your usage and O2 provide a number of ways for you to keep track.
Sorry, but you have to take responsibility for your own actions.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
It is your responsibility to monitor your usage and O2 provide a number of ways for you to keep track.
Sorry, but you have to take responsibility for your own actions.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
O you are working for O2, Hmm nice!
Message 3 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Instead of noticing customer needs, again customer is attacked, typical...
Message 4 of 35

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
O you are working for O2, Hmm nice!

Guess again mate.

Get aquainted with your "My O2" http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Currently using:
Message 5 of 35

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Instead of noticing customer needs, again customer is attacked, typical...

Really?

Can I ask your age please?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

We are all customers on here like yourself...so no...we dont work for O2 at all.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

If you txt balance to 21202 (free) it will give you how many minutes you have left and any additional charges.

But the best way to always have the information to hand is to download the my O2 app.

Also if this is something that you feel will happen again you might be better off changing your tariff to one with more minutes. Hope this helps. slight_smile

Message 8 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous   You have not said how the increase came about - and of course you do not have to explain that in this forum.   But the increase could have been due to your usage exceeding the allowances in your tariff - excess minutes on calls,  excess texts or MMS, or excess data usage or some combination of all three. Or you may have made some purchases during the month that get added on to your bill.

The question is how could you have been unaware of your usage? 

If you have not done so already it is highly recommended that you install the My O2 app which is an excellent little tool that enables users to keep a close watch on how things are going. There are also some very helpful third party apps available that will alert you when your usage approaches a limit that you yourself can set (dependent of course on your make of phone and operating system).

Message 9 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are... 31744 posts????
Message 10 of 35