Did you mean: 

o2more@o2.com Text Message

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all.

My wife has started getting text messages into her text inbox that do not have a number associated with them. Instead they show as from "o2more@o2.com". When you click into the message, it says it failed to download and a message pops up that says "Converting to MMS".

Is this genuine?  It's hard to tell because O2 have started effectively spamming recently with all the O2 More and O2 Priority texts and emails.

Anyway, from her phone I text "STOP" to O2 More (20502) and got a bounce back saying these will stop.  But I wanted to check if these are genuine as I don't think they are.  Because there is no number you can't block it either, which again rouses suspicion.

Thanks

Steve
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125924 Posts
  • 886 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@welshsteve76  O2 More is genuine. See here https://www.o2.co.uk/more-for-you

If you have any concerns about the texts you should give CS a call https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149330 Posts
  • 671 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions

You can login to your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 and turn off the official spam from O2.

choices.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 15

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks.

I find it staggering that this kind of message is sent through to a text inbox. Masking it's true number and hiding as an MMS message.  Poor show if you ask me.

Thanks

Steve
Message 4 of 15

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 649 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

I had a few when all our accounts were converted back to default of opting in to everything but easily fixed. There are other boxes you might want to unstick too. Make sure you save at the bottom of the page. 

Message 5 of 15

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 649 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

I had a few when all our accounts were converted back to default of opting in to everything but easily fixed. There are other boxes you might want to unstick too. Make sure you save at the bottom of the page

Message 6 of 15

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Already done so on my account. Will get my wife to do the same this evening
Thanks

Steve
Message 7 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 125924 Posts
  • 886 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@welshsteve76 wrote:
Already done so on my account. Will get my wife to do the same this evening

Best way to go @welshsteve76 Good luck with it... wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 15

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Well since making the changes my wife has received another text message from "o2more@o2.com"

I really just do not understand why the number this is coming from is masked. You can't email a text message, which makes me think this is not a genuine O2 more message.  If it is genuine, then O2 need to sort it out because this is not good practice in my opinion.

Thanks

Steve
Message 9 of 15

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 649 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Any changes of preference can take a couple of weeks to come into effect. It certainly isn't instant but in this day and age it should be. 

Message 10 of 15