cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 open - can it be used for upgrading over the phone/live chat or just instore?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked several times. I read several posts on here but I was a little confused even after reading the FAQs.

I just wanted someone to help clarify when the o2 open code is valid. If I upgrade with an o2 representative on the phone or with a live chat person, will the o2 open code be valid and if so how would it be redeemed?

I was speaking to someone on the phone earlier and they insisted that it was valid although I saw on the guide it says once you have the code you need to take it to the shop and said I should follow the steps on the text message. The text message I received said you must take it to the store.

I read previous threads about sending the code to 2020 after texting OPEN, does this still work? And is that what I would use if upgrading on phone/instore.

Grateful if someone could clarify.

Many thanks,

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks.

So if I upgrade over the phone / live chat then I would take my text to the o2 shop after the upgrade and inform them I've upgraded and show my work ID.

Is this correct?

Yes, perfect slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can try the text in method as we have heard it was still working but the T&C's now state you must go in store with your ID to prove eligibility within 28 days of starting the contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Latest terms here https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/ShowFAQ

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

So if I upgrade over the phone / live chat then I would take my text to the o2 shop after the upgrade and inform them I've upgraded and show my work ID.

Is this correct?

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks.

Is this correct?

Yes, perfect slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help. slight_smile

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can try the text message first if you like, I'm fairly sure it is still an option.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your help. slight_smile 

No problem slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8