cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 mess up my account, then bar my account and chat advisor closes the chat :/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

o2 are becoming a joke, they messed up my account last month and said i owed them £15 which i dont as i have all the payments to hand, first advisor said she fixed it, clearly she didnt because my phone got barred, next advisor said he has also fixed it, unbarred the account and this is a few days later so i have lost days on my contract but still getting charged but said he would apply credit for the loss of days, now 3rd advisor said he had fixed it, unbarred the account and applied £15 to my account which i presume is to bring my account upto date however he ignored me when i said i have lost days of service and then after a while trying to explain he closed the chat and here is a screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbbeeoh05sowsj6/2014-06-09%2023_11_44-.png

didnt give me a chance to reply he closed the chat, so o2 your breaching the contract of offerring a service oh and my phone is still barred!!!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It does look bad by that screen shot. Within 3 seconds he apologised and asked if there was anything else.... And within 3 secs disconnected leaving you no chance to retort.
Of all the things I see on here, the chat service is easily the most complained about. I'll give you the same advice I have seen others give out in similar cases.
Contact customer services by phone on 202 and select billing and payments then select queries regarding your bill. In cases regarding billing I would always speak to someone over the phone as, in my opinion, chat is, shall we say, limited in its capabilities.
I realise you may have already spoke to an advisor over the phone and if so, persevere as it will get sorted in the end.
Please let us know how you get on as it may help others in the future as a reference point.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It does look bad by that screen shot. Within 3 seconds he apologised and asked if there was anything else.... And within 3 secs disconnected leaving you no chance to retort.
Of all the things I see on here, the chat service is easily the most complained about. I'll give you the same advice I have seen others give out in similar cases.
Contact customer services by phone on 202 and select billing and payments then select queries regarding your bill. In cases regarding billing I would always speak to someone over the phone as, in my opinion, chat is, shall we say, limited in its capabilities.
I realise you may have already spoke to an advisor over the phone and if so, persevere as it will get sorted in the end.
Please let us know how you get on as it may help others in the future as a reference point.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

I would like to echo that we don't advise contact with O2 via the Online Live Chat for Account enquiries. They are outsourced non Uk Call Centres ,which are fine for low level general enquiries.

Try to use the Uk Contact number of 202 or From a landline 0844 809 0202 > 5p a minute.

You may if you wish put all this in writing to O2 via the Complaints Form here :

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

Hope this gets sorted for you and please let us know how you get on.

slight_smile
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

With the amount of times clients are being advised to 'Not use Live Chat' for issues of this nature, it is now

becoming a bit of a joke.

If O2 are not prepared to assess this service and re-train live chat personnel they should close it down

Cynically, I would say they are relying too heavily on experts on this forum to give advice and support.

Sadly this is often too late as is shown in this case Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Cleoriff

We were told that this dept was under going further training but not had any further feedback.

I often class the forum as another line of Customer Service. slight_smile
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Of course it is BoB....However, regardless of how good this forum is, it should never be a replacement for a

service O2 PAY people to do surely?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Cleoriff

No it shouldn't as we are not official employees etc.

O2 are pushing their online service.

Just received this text.

"O2: If you are a smart phone user, why not contact us through our mobile chat service. Just click on the link to get started: www.o2.co.uk/mobile/chatnow"
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Webchat does have it's uses and I have had queries resolved by them. Whilst they would not in any way be my preferred means of contact, sometimes circumstances dictate that you need to use them, no network, home phone or abroad for example.

However, they have fallen short for so many people on here, wrong advice given or wrong process followed resulting in prolonged problems and loss of faith in O2.

Chat should be seen as an extention of customer service in the UK and not as a replacement or a cheap alternative for the service we have been accustomed to, indeed, I feel, entitled to. Hope you get this problem resolved asap but I feel you will only do so over the phone.

Message 8 of 8