Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 like new phone does not match imei labels

m4rtin66
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

tho i know the fix for it, go in to an o2 to and have them treat me like i replaced the stickers or something, for 10 mins or longer than finally, either exchange the phone or refund for it 

just to let everyone know *who gives a damn anyways, and with the mess up of it some might* 

i brought a like new phone from o2 yesterday *and i mean o2 them selfs online*, and the imei doesnt match the phones

the sale receipt and the battery label and the box label all match, tho the phone it self has a different imei for the last 7 digits (found out as i ordered and unlock code for it, and when it didnt work after 3 trys and having the seller check it i thought to turn on the phone and do a *#06#) 

i have a video of doing this to if anyone wants to see it, witch i might upload to youtube or something when im more bored, than my currently amused state (comparing the sales receipt to the battery label to the live started phone from the code input *#06#) 

maybe i should just do what your advised to do on the internet when they dont match and go to the police *ofc not going to, im more finding this funny than anything **the only action i will take is the opening line of going to an o2 store, i just thought it was worth posting about here**, tho as it is a BIG mistake for o2, an insanely rare one im sure but a big one*

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just call for an RMA or use the returns label that should have come with the packaging.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@m4rtin66  I will mention @Marjo or @Martin-O2 (Community Admin) in case there is anything they can do.

If not, your best bet is to make a complaint via this link https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Where exactly did you buy the phone from?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 10

m4rtin66
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 directly *online*, why its such a shock (had it been off a 3rd party seller i wouldnt of even bothered posting, and just got a refund for them selling counterfit items *true not really counterfit its a real phone im sure just someone mistake in the factory with the labels *or revenge for firing*, a very very rare mistake, that no one notice since then, tbh on the odds i would rather win the lotto tho)

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just call for an RMA or use the returns label that should have come with the packaging.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

m4rtin66
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ya looking at they terms *online returns have to be to online, and instore have to be to instore* 

i will print of an RMA (and just add a line for my unique error under the "the IMEI can either be found on the product label on the outside of the box or by keying *#06# on your keypad" box, and save my self some time and not even try instore frist, 

tho ya i did know about the returns anyways, and how to deal with it, this was more just to let people know about it, as it is im sure a very rare issue, tho for the odds i would of rathered the lotto win 

if theres a closed or sloved option here, i will mark this as that, and give you the credit MI5 

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It certainly is a strange one.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@m4rtin66Unfortunately as this is a discussions and feedback thread, there is no option to give a solution to anyone

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

joy Oh I see it has been moved. There you go then....Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning @m4rtin66 and welcome to our community!

That's a strange one, I'll make sure to pass on your feedback about this, and might drop you a quick PM (private message here on the forum) also in case we need any additional details. Looks like you got good info above from our members on next steps though, cheers @MI5 and thank you @Cleoriff for the tag! thumbsup

Message 10 of 10