cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 is blocking my website

Anonymous
Not applicable

my site at www.sunshineproperties.co.uk is being blocked by 02 and asks the user for their credit card details.

There is no adult content on my website.

I've tried calling 202 on several ocasions but i get nowhere as they don't seem to understand my problem.

Regards

Raymond

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144959 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27792 Solutions

This link explains why sites get blocked and how to appeal if you think a site is wrongly classified http://www.bbfc.co.uk/what-classification/mobile-content

[from the website and confirmed by the OP] sending an email to IMEscalations@o2.com is the way to go.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
  • 123343 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Are you saying that people visiting your website using an O2 mobile are being blocked?

Are people using other networks getting online ok?

If so, we would have no knowledge of why this would be happening. You could make a complaint here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, all 02 users are being blocked.  All other networks are getting through.

I will check out the link you have provided....

Thank you slight_smile

Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 144959 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27792 Solutions
O2 filter and block 18+ sites, as classified by the BBFC (British Board of Film Classification).
Your website must be classified as having adult content of some sort on there - advertising can cause this too not necessarily ordinary adult content.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 17

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There are film lists and some other download Iist's. Do you have any advertisers sponsoring the site?

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a list of films available in the apartment (no adult) and a list of available music ... this may be why they are censoring it...
Message 6 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 123343 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
There is a list of films available in the apartment (no adult) and a list of available music ... this may be why they are censoring it...

This may be the reason. Just dont give a list. State films, dvd's and CD's available for use. I have an apartment I rent out ,,,,there are films and dvd's available but I never list them. I just state they are there for use.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 17

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I can't see any sponsors, links to gambling sites advertisements on anything else that would likely cause a restriction of the site, only the films and music. I guess the people that monitor these things could be thinking they are directly downloadable? 

Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi jonsie, it's just a text document with a list of films, nothing is downloadable. I'll get rid of the two lists and see how i get on...

Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks Cleoriff & jonsie for your answers, I think that's the solution... slight_smile
raymond

Message 10 of 17